- * Societies evolve a bit like creatures, study concludes: Increases in political complexity are usually gradual, as is the case with the complexity of livingMessage 1 of 1 , Oct 13, 2010View Source
* Societies evolve a bit like creatures,
Increases in political complexity are usually
gradual, as is the case with the complexity of
living things, researchers propose.
* Get them some sleep, scientists say of
Many high-school age delinquents get too little
snooze time, research suggests.
* Butterflies "treat" sick young:
Monarch butterflies seem to use plants to treat
their yet-unborn offspring for an infection,
* Falling U.S. life expectancy rank blamed
on health system:
Smoking, obesity and murders don't explain the
United States' drop in global rankings of life
expectancy, scientists claim.
* Could ingredients of life have formed over a
moon of Saturn?:
The types of molecules necessary to build living
things could have formed in Titan's hazy atmosphere,
* Artificial white light may become eye-friendly:
Scientists aim to make the harsh, artificial-looking
light of today's energy-efficient light bulbs a
thing of the past.
* Neanderthals had feelings too, researchers say:
Neanderthal people had a deep-seated sense of
compassion, their brutish reputation notwithstand-
ing, archaeologists claim.
* Marine census shows ocean life "richer" than
The project also generated an array of beautiful
photographs of sea creatures, some of them new to
* Did volcanoes wipe out Neanderthals?:
The stocky cave men may in large measure have just
been in the wrong place at the wrong time, a study
* Many dinosaurs were taller than thought,
Many dinosaur joints contained thick layers of
cartilage that haven't been accounted for, according
to some researchers.
Invite friends to join World Science for free!
Just click here to open an invitation email that you can
send your friend or colleagues. Feel free to change the
text of the invitation (although you might want to leave
the subscription instructions unchanged.)