World Science: Bizarre dinos found
* Bizarre dinos found:
A fossil with a stupendously multi-horned face and
another likened to a giant rhino with a supersized
head have reportedly turned up in Utah.
* Worried about kids getting fat? Maybe get a
Children with dogs spend on average 11 less minutes
per day sitting on their behinds than kids without,
a U.K. study has found.
* Physicists claim first true random number
Most seemingly random events aren't really random.
But in the quantum world, things may be different.
* In war on germs, "backstabbers" might be our
friends on the inside:
Some microbes just drag down companions that are
working to keep an infection going, researchers say.
* Money CAN buy happiness, within limits: study:
Up to an income of about $75,000, Americans rate
their everyday experiences more highly with
increasing income, researchers found.
* A "fundamental" number may be shifty:
New findings may imply that the universe is
infinite, and also stir up controversy, some
* AIDS virus ancestor over 32,000 years old,
* Brain region linked to introspective thinking:
* Freshwater turtles in "catastrophic decline":
* Dummy pill may improve women's sex life:
* Solar system's distant ice-rocks come into
* Giving robots the ability to deceive:
* Organic farms have better fruit, soil, environ-
ment, study finds:
* INTERVIEW: Stephen P. Diggle
A leading microbiologist talks about the medical and
evolutionary implications of a study on "back-
Invite friends to join World Science for free!
Just click here to open an invitation email that you can
send your friend or colleagues. Feel free to change the
text of the invitation (although you might want to leave
the subscription instructions unchanged.)