- * Drug-resistant germs found to help their brethren through the attack: Confronting assault by antibiotics, some bacteria help each other out, researchers say.Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2010View Source
* Drug-resistant germs found to help their
brethren through the attack:
Confronting assault by antibiotics, some bacteria
help each other out, researchers say.
* World money meltdown can start in surprising
Researchers used concepts from "statistical physics"
to draw up a list of countries that could trigger a
global economic crisis.
* Evolution rewritten, over and over:
Scientists always seem to be saying some new fossil
is about to rewrite evolutionary history. But are
these big, frequent revisions really happening?
* First "clear evidence" of feasting:
Scientists are reporting what they call the earliest
clear signs of one of the most universal and
important social behaviors.
* Attacked, plant calls for its enemy's enemy:
When caterpillars chomp on wild tobacco plants, it
triggers a special SOS signal from the victims, a
study has found.
* Biggest black holes formed early, research
New simulations suggest the first "supermassive"
black holes arose shortly after the birth of the
* A moment on the lips, a year on the hips:
Just a few weeks of overeating may affect your
weight and fat storage years later -- even if you
lost the initial excess weight, scientists say.
* Designing the smells that sell household
Putting a smell that sells into consumer products is
much like composing a symphony, according to a top
* Moon may be slowly shrinking:
Our companion world has seen its crust sink inward
by up to a thousandth of a millimeter yearly,
* "Terror bird" jabbed like an agile boxer:
Researchers produced what they called the most
detailed study of the attack style of a fierce
Invite friends to join World Science for free!
Just click here to open an invitation email that you can
send your friend or colleagues. Feel free to change the
text of the invitation (although you might want to leave
the subscription instructions unchanged.)