- * Drug said to thwart mental decline, grow brain cells in rodents: Research has turned up clues to a mechanism that could lead to a for Alzheimer s diseaseMessage 1 of 1 , Jul 8, 2010View Source
* Drug said to thwart mental decline, grow
brain cells in rodents:
Research has turned up clues to a mechanism that
could lead to a for Alzheimer's disease treatment,
* Once-in-a-lifetime eclipse by asteroid to treat
In a rare event next Thursday, some skywatchers will
be able to see a star be eaten by an asteroid.
* Group of genes may predict longevity with 77%
Researchers have identified a group of genes that
they say can be used to foretell whether people will
live to near or past 100.
* "Standard model" safe as physicists can't find
misbehaving light particles:
A distinction between two basic types of particles
held firm in a new test, backing up long-held
assumptions about space, time and causality.
* Coffee may help prevent cancer:
Several new studies suggest coffee helps ward off
breast, prostate, head and neck cancers.
* Right whales forced to shout over peoples
noise, scientists say:
* Star reportedly witnessed in birth:
* From brain science, new questions about free
* Experience with different cultures may boost
* Natural "Velcro" binds ant, tree in joint mission:
* Brain structure linked to personality:
* How a hard chair creates a hard heart:
* "Superstorm" detected on planet outside our
* Chimps kill each other for territory, study finds:
Invite friends to join World Science for free!
Just click here to open an invitation email that you can
send your friend or colleagues. Feel free to change the
text of the invitation (although you might want to leave
the subscription instructions unchanged.)