- * Comets may have come from other solar systems: Many of the best known comets may have been born orbiting other stars, according to a new theory.Message 1 of 1 , Jun 10, 2010View Source
* Comets may have come from other solar
Many of the best known comets may have been born
orbiting other stars, according to a new theory.
* "Power-hungry" image may hurt female, but not
Voters tend to punish female candidates for seeming
brazenly ambitious, but let the same quality slide
in males, a study suggests.
* Arctic ice at multi-millennium low:
Less ice covers the Arctic today than at any time in
the past few thousand years, a study concludes.
* Diversity within species may be as important as
Many past studies have focused on diversity of
species as a key factor in the health and resilience
of a natural environment.
* Oil spill threatens iconic fish with saw-like snout:
The huge spill spreading in the Gulf of Mexico could
finish off a critically endangered sawfish, an expert
* Surveillance technologies get more powerful:
* How acupuncture really works:
* Cockroaches may share food advice:
* Squirrels found to adopt orphans:
* Termites, not lions, may be kings in African grasslands:
* Off-kilter planetary system surprises astronomers:
* Fuel from sewage can be profitable: study:
* Could banknotes made like butterfly wings deter forgery?:
* Hey Jude: Get that song out my head!
Invite friends to join World Science for free!
Just click here to open an invitation email that you can
send your friend or colleagues. Feel free to change the
text of the invitation (although you might want to leave
the subscription instructions unchanged.)