World Science: Newfound species dubbed 'T. rex' of leeches
* You may still have to avoid T. rex:
A leech that turned up in a girl's nose has been
dubbed the "T. rex" of its kind by scientists. They
say its ancestors might have tormented the old T.
rex in a like fashion.
* New evidence cited that rocky, watery planets
Vaporized remnants of rocky, and possibly watery,
bodies hang around many dead stars, astronomers say.
* Possible new human ancestor revealed:
Two partial skeletons unearthed in South Africa are
from a previously unknown species, according to
* Life on Titan? Stand far back and hold your
If life has evolved on Saturn's frigid moon, Titan,
it would be strange, smelly -- and potentially
explosive, new research suggests.
* "Artificial leaves" could help power machines
Researchers are presenting a design strategy that
they say could harness Mother Nature's ability to
produce energy from sunlight and water.
* Another species of extinct humans ID'd?
A previously unknown lineage of humans has been
identified based on genes extracted from a bit of bone,
scientists say, though it is not believed to be a direct
ancestor of modern people.
* Family tree research can open "Pandora's
* Brain cells shout in unison to get message
* Eye-operated video game developed for the
* Power prompts less accurate time predictions,
Invite friends to join World Science for free!
Just click here to open an invitation email that you can
send your friend or colleagues. Feel free to change the
text of the invitation (although you might want to leave
the subscription instructions unchanged.)