World Science: Monkeys live longer after eating lighter, study finds
* Monkeys live longer after eating lighter:
Cutting calories by 30 percent seems to have
remarkable effects, scientists say.
* A "theory of everything" is said to solve its first
String theory, which postulates extra dimensions,
has long been criticized for making promises that it
failed to live up to.
* Could coffee reverse Alzheimer's?:
Studies with mice are suggesting surprising new
possibilities for treating the memory disorder,
according to researchers.
* People only sometimes seek out opposing views,
People tend to avoid ideas they disagree with -- but
some factors can prompt them to seek out such points
of view, scientists report.
* Finding may help explain giant black holes:
Astronomers are reporting that they have discovered
a new class of black holes: mid-sized ones.
* Scientists look to bat caves for "fountains of
Scientists are batty over a finding they say could
lead to a breakthrough -- significantly longer lifespans.
* Scientists report capturing first image of memories
Researchers say they have captured the first image
of a mechanism underlying long-term memory formation.
* Flute said to be oldest handcrafted musical
Early modern humans may have been dancing to
bird-bone flutes as early as 35,000 years ago,
* Oceans in Enceladus? Scientists can't decide:
Two contrasting findings are leaving researchers
unsure whether a distant moon has underground
* Need something? Talk to my right ear!:
Most of us prefer to be addressed in our right ear,
and are more likely grant a request when we hear it
from the right, an unusual investigation has found.
Invite friends to join World Science for free!
Just click here to open an invitation email that you can
send your friend or colleagues. Feel free to change the
text of the invitation (although you might want to leave
the subscription instructions unchanged.)