World Science: Bird can 'read' our gaze

  • World Science
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2009

      * Bird can "read" our gaze :
      A bird whose eyes look rather like human eyes pays
      good attention to where our glances fall,
      researchers say.

      http://www.world-science.net/othernews/090402_jackdaw

      * Astronomers catch a "shooting star":
      Asteroid 2008 TC3 has a humdrum name but an unusual
      distinction.

      http://www.world-science.net/othernews/090325_meteor

      * It's not just chemical -- it's the same
      chemicals, study suggests
      :
      Much the same cocktail of substances may flow in
      both men and women as a result of their mutual
      attraction.

      http://www.world-science.net/exclusives/090401_testosterone

      * Vindictiveness doesn't pay, study finds:
      A study of Germans found that people inclined to
      deal with inequity on a tit-for-tat basis tend to
      suffer higher unemployment.

      http://www.world-science.net/othernews/090330_vindictiveness

      * Crabs suffer, may remember pain
      Research is calling into question the view that when
      small animals recoil from unpleasantness, it's only
      a reflex.

      http://www.world-science.net/othernews/090327_crab

      * Brain cell type found to differ between man
      and mouse
      :
      An often overlooked cell embodies one of the very
      few basic differences that set apart the human
      brain, scientists propose.

      http://www.world-science.net/othernews/090324_astrocyte

      * Multiple out-of-Africa migrations seen for early
      humans
      :
      Fossils suggest early, anatomically "modern" humans
      may have split into many isolated groups before
      leaving Africa, scientists say.

      http://www.world-science.net/exclusives/090323_outofafrica