World Science: The evolution of drug abuse

  • World Science
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 21, 2008

      * The evolution of drug abuse:
      New research challenges traditional explanations of
      why we wallow in chemical gratification.

      http://www.world-science.net/exclusives/080321_drug-evolution

      * Blast called furthest thing visible to naked eye:
      Halfway across the known cosmos, scientists say, a
      massive stellar explosion March 19 was briefly
      visible to unaided eyes.

      http://www.world-science.net/othernews/080320_grb

      * Distant moon may have hidden ocean:
      Scientists are reporting evidence of a vast body of
      water and ammonia inside Saturn's moon Titan.

      http://www.world-science.net/othernews/080320_titan

      * Money might buy happiness -- when you spend
      on others
      :
      People report greater happiness if they spend money
      on gifts or charity, researchers say.

      http://www.world-science.net/othernews/080320_happiness

      * Drive to complexity seen in animal evolution:
      A study claims to clarify a longtime debate: does
      evolution have long-term trends?

      http://www.world-science.net/othernews/080317_evolution