World Science: "Maternal instincts" seen in group of colorful beetles

(277)
  • World Science
    Sep 29, 2013 Expand Messages

      * Could changes to your chromosomes make you
      aggressive?
      :
      Chronic aggression in some boys from poorer families
      may stem from "epigenetic" changes in early life,
      studies suggest.

      http://www.world-science.net/othernews/130929_aggression.htm

      * "Maternal instincts" seen in group of colorful
      beetles
      :
      A group of related, colorful beetles in the thick
      foliage of tropical forests shows signs of maternal
      instincts and active care, scientists say.

      http://www.world-science.net/othernews/130927_chrysomelinae.htm

      * Nanotube computer could revolutionize
      electronics, researchers say
      :
      Engineers have made a basic computer using carbon
      nanotubes, a pasta-like material they hope will
      replace the less efficient silicon.

      http://www.world-science.net/othernews/130925_nanotubes.htm

      * Playing with blocks may boost math skills:
      An old playroom standby may help kids develop skills
      that support learning in science and related fields,
      researchers say.

      http://www.world-science.net/othernews/130924_blocks.htm

      * Our "home" black hole's last big blast dated
      to 2 million years ago
      :
      A sleeping "volcano" lies at the heart of our
      galaxy.

      http://www.world-science.net/othernews/130922_blackhole.htm