World Science: Dolphins may remember companions more than 20 years
- Aug 9, 2013 Expand MessagesView Source
* Dolphins found to remember their friends at
least 20 years:
Dolphins can recognize their old companions'
whistles even after long separation, research
* Blast lights up invisible galaxy from "dark ages":
A brilliant flash traveled across space for 12.7
billion years to a planet that hadn't even existed
back then -- Earth.
* Evolution punishes selfish jerks over time, study finds:
Two biologists have published evidence that
evolution doesn't favor the selfish -- disproving,
they claim, a theory popularized last year.
* Planet outside our system assigned a color for
A nearby "hot Jupiter," where it possibly rains
glass sideways, happens to be cobalt blue,
* Scientists probe how Inca kids were drugged for sacrifice:
Children of the ancient Inca Empire may have
consumed intensifying doses of alcohol and coca leaf
for as long as a year before a ritual slaughter.
* Did monogamy arise to prevent infanticide?:
Infanticide, the killing of infants, is widespread
among apes and other evolutionary relatives of humans.
* More TV linked to problems in toddlers:
* Warming seen driving fish toward poles at
* Scientists: our gold came from colliding neutron stars:
* "False memories" planted in mice:
* Could cancer cells' sugar addiction be their undoing?:
* Exercise may help stave off Alzheimer's:
* "Inflation" theory of infant cosmos may need revision:
* Adolescence may be key time when pot harms
* Love hormone may also cause emotional pain:
* Evolution is predictable, study suggests:
* "Intelligent knife" tells surgeon where the cancer is:
* Big-nosed, long-horned dinosaur found:
* A reputation restored? Finding suggests T. rex
hunted for real:
* Someone needs to eat these things, say scientists
shocked by lionfish surge:
* "Virtual schoolgirl" designed to trap online perverts:
Do you like music? Please take this one-question
survey on listening preferences!
Invite friends to join World Science for free!
Just click here to open an invitation email that you can
send your friend or colleagues. Feel free to change the
text of the invitation (although you might want to leave
the subscription instructions unchanged.)