258World Science: Are birds just baby dinosaurs? Kind of, scientists say
- May 31, 2012
* Scientists: birds are just baby dinosaurs, in a way
There might be a good reason birds are so much cuter
and less threatening than their scary ancestors.
* Life might have formed as early as 10-12 billion
"A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away" may be
more than just a line from science fiction, if new
research is correct.
* Cold case solved? Study probes riddle of
sinking beer bubbles:
Bubbles in dark beer are seen to slide downward,
ironically, because they're trying to head upward, a
* Stem cells found to relieve tough chronic
pain in mouse study:
Stem-cell transplants might quell the hardest-
to-treat kinds of pain, scientists report, though
such an advance could also raise ethical dilemmas.
* Your environmental exposures might haunt
Scientists have found increased stress sensitivity
and differences in weight gain in rats three
generations after exposure to a specific chemical.
* Planet may be turning to dust:
* Immune system cells found to hunt like real
* Hereditary inequality may date to Stone Age:
* "Sexual revolution" may have paved way for
invention of marriage:
* Study: soldiers who desecrate dead bodies
see themselves as hunters:
* Robotic arm for the paralyzed reported to
reach new level of sophistication:
* "Smart swimming," magnetism said to help
baby turtles through epic journey:
Invite friends to join World Science for free!
Just click here to open an invitation email that you can
send your friend or colleagues. Feel free to change the
text of the invitation (although you might want to leave
the subscription instructions unchanged.)