- Apr 18, 2012View Source
* Where's the dark matter? Not here, befuddled
Indispensable to modern physical theories, "dark
matter" has turned up missing in our own cosmic back
* Homeless planets may get adopted:
There may be hope yet for those worlds that are
wandering in the cold without a home star, a study
* Penguin census, taken from space, yields
A new study using satellite mapping reveals there
are twice as many emperor penguins in Antarctica as
previously thought, scientists say.
* In bird "divorce," females seen having the
Divorce might not be healthy -- but at least it may
be natural, if findings from a new study are to be
* "Robotic cat" illness mystifies vets:
Scientists are on the hunt for a pathogen they say
may be causing a mystery illness: cats are starting
to walk like robots.
* Tumor risk from dental X-rays not eliminated,
Research has linked dental X-rays to an increased
risk of a rare, usually benign brain tumor.
* Scientist hopes to help you create "perfect
A study is testing whether iPhones can be harnessed
to improve people's dreams.
Invite friends to join World Science for free!
Just click here to open an invitation email that you can
send your friend or colleagues. Feel free to change the
text of the invitation (although you might want to leave
the subscription instructions unchanged.)