Re: [WorldCitizen] Re: To Unite 50 States of America, Sign the Petition.

  • Qhama
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 30, 2012
      "Professor Dr.David Ngin Sian Pau" <pauno71@...> wrote:

      >________________________________

    • Andres Espino
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 4, 2012
        At one time in history the United States did champion the cause of democracy around the world.. but recent years involvement in a series of unpopular wars has cost the US credibility.  Until a world government can be forthcoming, I now think that cause of democracy and Human Rights can better be put forward through the United Nations.

        Andres

        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 7, 2012
          Quote/

          "At one time in history the United States did champion the cause of democracy around the world.. but recent years involvement in a series of unpopular wars has cost the US credibility.  Until a world government can be forthcoming, I now think that cause of democracy and Human Rights can better be put forward through the United Nations.

          Andres

          /End Quote

          The Founders of the united states championed a Republic. They abhorred Democracy as a stepping stone to dictatorship and tyranny. Or as Thomas Jefferson is quoted to have said, "Democracy is two wolves and a sheep arguing over what is for dinner." The sheeple always get screwed. The Ideas put forth by the founding fathers were that each should govern himself according to the dictates of his conscience and according to the laws of  God and Nature. The only just purpose of government is to protect the rights of those who are a part of it by consent.
          Majority rule is not just or fair or conscionable. No one or group has a right to my life, liberty or property except that I have harmed them in some way or that I willingly give it to them for their use and enjoyment. Nor do they have a right to force me to their will, their rules, their social structures, their moralities or their way of thinking as such is slavery and tyranny.
          No fiction created by man will ever solve the crisis which has fallen on us by our own ignorance. Only when we turn away from the evils that we do and realize the damage we have caused in doing them and stop doing them, then teach our children well enough that they do not perpetuate our errors, will the world become the place we imagine in our hearts. The solution is not in the world, in some group of men who decide for us as if they have a divine right to rule over us, but is within ourselves, to decide for ourselves and turn away from destruction, harm and hate.

          ~Peace and Love and Life..
        • Professor Dr.David Ngin Sian Pau
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 9, 2012
            Most of teaching English job markets around the world including China's English teaching job market are created by the US and UK governments through their embassies and private TESOL of TEFL agencies directly and indirectly as well. That's the reason why we could see a lot of native speakers who taught English in different countries around the world with a TESOL certificate. And I worked with native speakers from the USA till 2009. Without the consent of the US President's foreign policy from the White House, no teaching job market can never be easier to create for international English teachers who are not even the US citizens. President Bush tried to provide English teaching jobs to all native speakers in China before 2009 and under the same consent, I also got an employment contract signed for three consecutive years in China by the help of some US native speakers. Obama, when he became the President changed the US foreign policy so all the native speakers had to quit their teaching English jobs in China and go home. I hope you understand the reason why I blame President Obama when I become jobless. At the same time, a French woman UN Human Rights Commissioner was replaced by a Tamil woman whose name is Navi Pillay who doesn't have any concern for teaching English job markets and individual educators like me.  All these events came together at once as if someone planned.

            Regarding democracy and human rights, can a set of law that has been written based on UDHR be automatically valid in all countries without the support of a strong armed force behind?  We are very sure that UN is stronger and more reliable than WG to maintain human rights law because of the UN troop but the problem is the UN doesn't provide any passport or identification to individuals like the WG does without which individuals will have no support at all when their governments violate their rights to travel, teach abroad and do self education.

            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 11, 2012
              Yes you are right that the US is a Constitutional Republic.

              However some people consider all forms of elected government where people have fair representation a form of democracy.  I am not really sure there has ever been a 100% democracy where every decision in a given country had to have a vote by all the people to do it.  Once it grew larger than a tribal village it would be nearly impossible to manage it like that.

              Both Republicans and Democrats in the USA agree that the country is based on rule of Law with a constitution.. however some think the constitution needs to be 'modernized' to account for modern problems and trends,  There have been amendments passed before which dealt with greater human rights

              Remember Women, Children, Black people and Native Americans had virtually no rights under the original government of the founding fathers.  Women and children were property of their Father or husband, and black people the property of their slave owners and American Indians disenfranchised and forced onto concentration camps called reservations.

              There are indeed some purists who would like to reverse things and revert back to the way the country was originally run.  How many would like to renounce all the human rights they have gained because of the changes or advances that have been made?  Therein lies the rub.

              Andres

              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 13, 2012
                This is correct to say, "The solution of problems is not in the world, but in some group of men who decide for us as if they have a divine right to rule over us, but is within ourselves, to decide for ourselves and turn away from destruction, harm and hate."

                And at the same time, the government including refugee community, that has no concern about providing professional jobs to its citizens, members and individuals in their country or community but try to get money such as tax, donation, etc. excessively from them instead, is the most foolish people on earth. What is the best solution for this kind of government and people?

                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 13, 2012
                  You are quite correct on that point.
                  I myself was offered a positions to teach English in China and also in Korea to teach English (since they want native English speakers to teach).  We were offered $4,000 a month PLUS room and board.
                  So I completely understand your concern on this since a country who wants to have linguistic teachers WANTS those teachers to be native speakers.
                  But seems the U.S.A. government (Obama, etc...) is hampering peoples needs.

                  But best wishes to you and yours.