Re: [WorldCitizen] ... veteran story

  • Roan Carratu
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2000
      > From: "Matthew Pflantzbaum 24 Aug 2000
      >
      > >"You veterans... have the ability through your experience to help
      in the
      > >transformation of the world...
      >
      > Hear, Hear!

      Sure... by killing everyone if the terms you use to think about it
      remains the terms the cult gang wants you to use. Look at everything
      as it is, neither cynically nor optimistically. If what you see is
      terrible beyond imagination, accept it and say it as it is. Only in
      that way can people know the truth, which is not relative, btw. (Try
      telling the hysterical mother of a small child who has been raped and
      murdered by soldiers in Guatemala that truth is relative! Truth is
      what happens, not our attitudes or opinions as to what happened.)

      > >...the non-Veterans were more responsible for the war than the
      veterans...

      > A good generalization.

      War is prepared for, created by, and forced on the world by
      militaries, uniformed or not. The military, globally, is the worse
      curse the planet has ever generated.

      > Have you heard this? I believe It's from an Army chaplain, giving an
      address
      > to a class of cadets: (incomplete, from memory)
      > It is the soldier, not the journalist, who preserves the right of
      freedom of
      > the press.

      Only if you own the presses.

      > It is the soldier, not the poet, who preserves the right of free
      speech.

      Sure, you can say what you want, and if the military doesn't like it,
      they kill you. Some 'right'!

      > It is not the protestor, but the soldier who salutes the flag, who
      serves
      > under the flag, and dies for the flag, who preserves the right to
      burn the
      > flag.

      The absolute worship of symbols is a sign of a fanatical cult, not a
      rational act. There is no real freedom when fanatical cults rule the
      people, no matter what label the cult has; religious, political, or
      social. The military is the oldest 'cult' on the planet, and has
      directly or indirectly been responsible for the death of a quarter of
      all deaths in the last ten thousand years.

      > BTW, Carl Sagan wrote in 'Demon Haunted World': I only wish that
      part of the
      > citizenship oath was "I will question my government, and always
      strive to be
      > educated & involved in it". In the Pledge of Allegiance, that the
      oath
      > should be to the Constitution, instead of the flag; as a Judge,
      soldier, or
      > the president.

      Oaths are meaningless to people who would torture babies in front of
      their parents to make them talk... or spread deadly disease through a
      population, or burn an entire city until the asphalt streets flow like
      burning lava... They use them to make their civilian slaves believe in
      their 'holy' righteousness, but do not pay any attention other than
      that. Militaries are gangs, which 'own' a turf, and enslave the people
      within them for the glory of war. Many generals told me that all that
      counts in life is war, and the glory of destroying their enemies in
      'honorable' combat. More than one said that all civilians in a 'war'
      zone should be simply shot, to eliminate them from supporting the
      enemy.

      If people do not start seeing through the ancient cults and the
      brainwashing our culture instills in the children in support of those
      cults, the human experiment by Nature will end very badly indeed.

      > Another similar sentiment: My country, right or wrong; When right,
      to be
      > kept right. When wrong, to be put right.

      My gangster turf, right or wrong, or they will kill me and my family.
      Their might makes them right, so don't disagree. When disagreeing,
      they will make it right by killing you.

      > From Kipling, speaking for Vets:
      > "Why else were we spared the horrors of war, than to expose it for
      you?"
      > And:
      > "When they ask why we died, tell them 'because our fathers lied'".
      >
      > If only wars were really all about preserving freedoms, instead of
      > profitability for a few.

      As long as civilians believe that 'wars' are like the weather, and
      'just blow in', they will allow themselves to be led by the nose into
      the carefully set up and contrived situations the military cult calls
      'war'. Wars don't just happen. They are chosen from beginning to end.
      They were never about any of the generalities, like 'freedom', but to
      support the military. Even the 'profitability' is part of the military
      gaining enthusiasium from their turf slaves. All countries are only
      the land and support bases for the military, and all the politics and
      propaganda and rhetoric is only a smoke screen. War is the purpose and
      major ceremony of the cult, and mass human sacrifice is required.

      Vets, however, are the people most brainwashed by the military, the
      most mentally and physically scarred by the military's activities, and
      also the most likely to see through the bullshit. I am a vet. I saw
      through it. And while you might consider my strong raving as a
      reaction to my military experience, that is what you are conditioned
      to think. The truth is so horrifying that the mind evades thinking of
      it out of belief that nothing can be personally be done about it. But
      that maintains the horror, for it exists only because people do not
      think about it in the terms that fit it. There will come a time when
      the military cult is seen as the horror it is, and war will end
      because people will disband the cult globally. We have a ways to go
      yet, but it will come. We were not evolved to just die out.

      Peace,
      -Roan
    • James Radcliffe
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 12, 2000
        Superb, I completely agree. Lets stop glorifying war and treating those who
        served in them as heroes. Just those who were lucky enough to tell the tale
        of war.

        James