Re: [WorldCitizen] world passport solution as travelling documents

  • Bhagwatee Rambarran
    Message 1 of 21 , Jul 31, 2012
      SORRY, I DO NOT WANT TO BELONG IN THIS KIND OF ATMOSPHERE.

      From: Andres Espino <ima_very_cool_cowboy@...>
      To: "WorldCitizen@yahoogroups.com" <WorldCitizen@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Tuesday, July 24, 2012, 8:11 PM

      Yes you are right!  Nigeria port officials are familiar with the World Passport more than the city and state police forces in Nigeria.  It has been accepted many times in Nigeria and many Nigerians have one as well as a 9ja passport.

      Andres

      Message 2 of 21 , Aug 1, 2012
        Wetin dey happen?

        Are you Nigerian?

        I am Oyibo (white man) but I do work with Nigerian contacts  in Ghana and Nigeria west Africa.  I also have many Nigerian friends who also use that common designation  just as Americans use the initials USA.

        It is not a derogatory designation for Nigeria but a cyber abbreviation and I suspected that a true Nigerian would pick up on my correct use of it without offense.  Before its use I did spell out Nigeria several times.

        A Nigerian Passport is a passport issued by the country of Nigeria as opposed to the ECOWAS passport for the 15 nation state economic community..  Recently Nigeria combined it all in one electronic passport.

        I suppose you are opposed to Pidgin talk too, but Nigerians are proud of it and recently considered making it a second official language in Nigeria.

        Now I dey go chop meat,

        Andrew

        Yes you are right!  Nigeria port officials are familiar with the World Passport more than the city and state police forces in Nigeria.  It has been accepted many times in Nigeria and many Nigerians have one as well as a 9ja passport.

        Andres

        i gave my world passport to a police man at the murtala Mohamed airport at Lagos , he looked at me and said you get mouth, a common word which many people used in Nigeria when you are shock about something or attract and you never see before. so , i think using world passport you need to be courteous and know what you hold and also be ready for challenge.

      • Louis ...
        Message 3 of 21 , Aug 5, 2012
          Okay then.  Good deflection there.

          Yes you are right!  Nigeria port officials are familiar with the World Passport more than the city and state police forces in Nigeria.  It has been accepted many times in Nigeria and many Nigerians have one as well as a 9ja passport.

          Andres

          i gave my world passport to a police man at the murtala Mohamed airport at Lagos , he looked at me and said you get mouth, a common word which many people used in Nigeria when you are shock about something or attract and you never see before. so , i think using world passport you need to be courteous and know what you hold and also be ready for challenge.

        • samsondeen adeleye
          Message 4 of 21 , Aug 8, 2012
            Please can i know the easier way to board plane from nigeria to other countries with world passport?

            ----------
            Sent via Nokia Email

            From: Andres Espino <ima_very_cool_cowboy@...>
            To:
            "WorldCitizen@yahoogroups.com" <WorldCitizen@yahoogroups.com>
            Date: Tuesday, July 24, 2012, 8:11 PM

            Message 5 of 21 , Aug 10, 2012
              Sometimes it is a national regulation and sometimes Airline policy and sometimes both.  I correspond with a lot of Nigerians who tell me they have traveled widely with the World Passport.  I suspect that Nigeria is wanting everyone to travel with the new electronic passport that is integrated with ECOWAS as an all-in-one passport.

              The US state department is doing something similar and telling American citizens they must leave the USA and reenter with a US issued passport even if they hold dual nationality (like Israelis),  A few people have boarded planes with the World Passport and it depends how vigilant the Airline staff is.  Even back in the 90s I used to travel by bus to Mexico and fly out of Mexico for that same problem.

              You might consider taking the ABC transport from Lagos to Accra and flying out of there.

              Andres

              Message 6 of 21 , Aug 23, 2012
                discussion of global politics, especially radical ideas like discussed in this group is serious, adult conversation!!! it must be discussed, and there are going to be people with harsh opinions.   the people with strong opinions MUST be allowed to explain how they feel.

                more to the point, anyone who wish this group to be sensible, mature, something worth taking seriously should ALWAYS support people's rights to express their opinions even if they don't agree.

                so if Bhagwatee doesn't want to be involved in intense debates with real personal feelings, i support their decision to leave the list.  other forums will prove to be more impersonal.   i find that boring, as an american citizen who wishes to see global citizenship become real.

                Friends Of The Earth

                On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 8:02 AM, Bhagwatee Rambarran <gollybachan@...> wrote:

                SORRY, I DO NOT WANT TO BELONG IN THIS KIND OF ATMOSPHERE.

                Yes you are right!  Nigeria port officials are familiar with the World Passport more than the city and state police forces in Nigeria.  It has been accepted many times in Nigeria and many Nigerians have one as well as a 9ja passport.

                Andres

                i gave my world passport to a police man at the murtala Mohamed airport at Lagos , he looked at me and said you get mouth, a common word which many people used in Nigeria when you are shock about something or attract and you never see before. so , i think using world passport you need to be courteous and know what you hold and also be ready for challenge.

              • Mikal Haley

                  Message 8 of 21 , Aug 23, 2012
                    These questions could have been phrased differently.  Don't you agree?
                    "Question:  What the hell is a 9ja ???
                    "

                    Message 9 of 21 , Aug 24, 2012
                      Thanks for the kind word..

                      I do have many fine Nigerian friends and some others in Ghana.  They have always approved of me trying to talk and write as they do instead of just as the supposedly superior white man.

                      Andres

                      Yes you are right!  Nigeria port officials are familiar with the World Passport more than the city and state police forces in Nigeria.  It has been accepted many times in Nigeria and many Nigerians have one as well as a 9ja passport.

                      Andres

                      i gave my world passport to a police man at the murtala Mohamed airport at Lagos , he looked at me and said you get mouth, a common word which many people used in Nigeria when you are shock about something or attract and you never see before. so , i think using world passport you need to be courteous and know what you hold and also be ready for challenge.

                    • Gary K Shepherd
                      Message 10 of 21 , Aug 24, 2012

                        I agree that serious discussions sometimes require the expression of opinions that may offend others. In the twenty-plus years I have been editor of United World, we have quite often published articles and letters to the editor that were harshly critical of other people’s views. However, expressing an opinion, even when strongly disagreeing with another person, does not justify making personal attacks on that person. That is where we have always drawn the line, and it is something I strongly believe. It is a standard I think we should all attempt to adhere to in keeping this a free but civil discourse. Otherwise, what should be a valuable and thought-provoking debate can degenerate into name-calling and acrimony.

                        World Peace and Unity,

                        Gary

                        Gary K. Shepherd

                        Editor, United World Magazine

                        http://uwcdwg.tripod.com/

                        Message 11 of 21 , Aug 24, 2012
                          Yes, a great response.
                          A 9ja is just a cute nickname for a race/nation of people.
                          So is ginny or wop or dago for an Italian.  So is nigger for a black person.  So is kike or heb for a Jewish person.  So is spic for an hispanic.  So is mick for a Scottish person.  So is paddy for an Irish.  So is chink for a Chinese person.  So is jap or nip for a Japanese person.  So is wetback for a Mexican.  So is gook for a Korean person.  And so on and so forth.
                          That Andres guy is so full of crap that his eyes are brown.  And if I want any shit out of him all I have to do is squeeze his head.

                          Yes you are right!  Nigeria port officials are familiar with the World Passport more than the city and state police forces in Nigeria.  It has been accepted many times in Nigeria and many Nigerians have one as well as a 9ja passport.

                          Andres

                          i gave my world passport to a police man at the murtala Mohamed airport at Lagos , he looked at me and said you get mouth, a common word which many people used in Nigeria when you are shock about something or attract and you never see before. so , i think using world passport you need to be courteous and know what you hold and also be ready for challenge.

                        • mamoudousanoh93
                          Message 12 of 21 , Aug 26, 2012
                            because my tribe is regarded as the main target in my country now . even some are not able to get the passport to travel, because gov is aware that , we will exposed what is going on now is not right, since after the controversial general election.
                            --- In WorldCitizen@yahoogroups.com, Mikal Haley <chipsterthehipster@...> wrote:

                            > discussion of global politics, especially radical ideas like discussed in
                            > this group is *serious, adult conversation!!! *it must be discussed, and
                            > there are going to be people with harsh opinions. the people with strong
                            > opinions MUST be allowed to explain how they feel.
                            >
                            > more to the point, anyone who wish this group to be sensible, mature,
                            > something worth taking seriously should ALWAYS support people's *rights to
                            > express their opinions even if they don't agree.
                            >
                            > *so if Bhagwatee doesn't want to be involved in intense debates with real
                            > personal feelings, i support their decision to leave the list. other
                            > forums will prove to be more impersonal. i find that boring, as an
                            > american citizen who wishes to see global citizenship become *real.
                            >
                            > Friends Of The Earth <http://motherearth.org/>
                            > *
                            > On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 8:02 AM, Bhagwatee Rambarran
                            > <gollybachan@...>wrote:
                            >
                            > > **
                            > >

                            > > SORRY, I DO NOT WANT TO BELONG IN THIS KIND OF ATMOSPHERE.

                          • che che
                            Message 13 of 21 , Aug 28, 2012
                              Dear Gary,

                              I really agree that the world passport is one important solution to travelling problems.But efforts should be made to deliver them  early enough.I am trying to popularized it in Cameroon.

                              I really like your work in world peace unity as far as human rights and cultural exchanges is concern.

                              Best regards,
                              pastor CHE DIDIAN ANYE
                              Independent human rights arbitrator/Investor

                              Message 14 of 21 , Aug 28, 2012
                                Not true.  9ja is an abbreviation in Pidgin for the country Nigeria  just as we abbreviate  United States of America to USA.  It does not specify a race or tribal affiliation at all and is never applied toward individuals.

                                Nigerian Pidgin English is a version of English and ethnic Nigerian languages spoken as a kind of lingua franca across Nigeria and is referred to simply as "Pidgin ...

                                Nigerian Pidgin Talk has been under consideration by people of Nigeria for recognition as a second official language in the country

                                Nigerian Pidgin English as Our National Language?

                                You will notice in the forum that many Nigerians also refer to Nigeria as Motherland and "Nairaland" too.

                                Andres

[...]

                              • amare mulualem
                                Message 15 of 21 , Aug 29, 2012
                                  how world passport of the world service authority could  be functional in every embassy

                                  Message 16 of 21 , Aug 31, 2012
                                    Garry Davis and the WSA have sent documents to  most countries describing the World Passport and requesting recognition.  So far 8 countries have replied officially in writing.  The rest consider the World Passport on an individual case by case basis.

                                    You can obtain most of this correspondence to various countries on a CD  from the official website.. in the books section.

                                    Andres

                                    Message 17 of 21 , Sep 10, 2012
                                      Hi all

                                      I have sent a few documents out on this listserve but never had a reaction, have no idea if that is good or bad. Those documents focused on environmental and social problems in an international agreement context.

                                      What I would like to say is that the issues I talk about require a global approach and as such fits very nicely into your agenda, the documents I usually send are based on a global approach to society..

                                      Things like climate change are the perfect area to prove that we need a global and equitable society if we are to survive.

                                      I know it can get quite hot on this listserve so hopefully I want attach wrath.
                                      Thanks
                                       Richard Levicki

                                      International Sustainable Development Network