Film Archive Researcher, Interns and editor wanted - Documentary Feature Film

  • legal@worldservice.org
    Message 1 of 7 , May 3, 2012
      Film Researcher needed to help with a full length documentary on World Citizen Garry Davis.

      Arthur Kanegis, who produced the award winning short film at www.onefilms.com is now producing a full length documentary on Garry Davis in which he reveals the key to peace. This compelling character-driven documentary will tell the amazing the true story of this intriguing character who has been living as a citizen of no nation, only the world, for 62 years.

      We need researchers who can dig into archives, especially at locations in Los Angeles, Washington DC, France, Germany, and elsewhere in Europe. While lots of footage is available online, other archives are not yet digitalized, so it would be great if our researchers could visit film libraries in person. We could pay your reasonable expenses as long as they are pre-approved.

      We also need a creative Film Editor with graphic artist skills to be part of our team. While it's possible you could edit from a distance, we'd prefer to find an editor who could come join us on the beach in Baja, only an hour south of San Diego. We would provide our editor with a lovely suite, only steps from the beach - a great place to be creative!

      We need people right away since we aim to complete post production by July, 2012.

      Here are the details:

      CREATIVE EDITOR/GRAPHIC ARTIST:
      Skills required: Creating backgrounds for subjects filmed on greenscreen, titles, possible animation, as well as creative intercutting of historic footage. We'd like an out of the box thinker, with a good sense of comic timing to bring out the humor in our subject (a la "the Yes Men, "The Story of Stuff","Roger and Me"). You MUST have an online demo reel to be considered.

      FILM RESEARCHER:
      Able to locate film clips in Historical Archives of the 40s and 50s. You can be located and work from anywhere for this position, and be looking for clips located in the USA, France, and Germany. If you speak French and/or German as well as English, that's a plus.

      INTERN:
      To assist in all aspects of the project. (no pay for this position, but you'll get a free place to stay in Baja!)

      Our budget is quite limited, so we aim to fill out our team with volunteers or people willing to accept much lower than their normal fees because they share our passion this amazing true story -- which could inspire thousands to see world citizenship as a key creative solutions to the problems of war and global warming.

      TO SUBMIT:
      Be sure to mention you heard about this on the World Citizen listserve, and email your COVER LETTER, RESUME, and LINKS to examples of your work to: onefilmsjob@...

      Be sure to indicate which POSITION you are submitting for in the subject line of your email.
    • John Thomas Hall
      Message 2 of 7 , May 5, 2012
        hi my name is freeman john and i would be willing to do research here in holland or in other european countries.i think gary is a true human being and i am part of occupy,i started doing a talk called"vision of the future"and the first subject i talk about is the U.D.H.R and garry davis,so if there is anything i can do to get his story out,just ask me and i will do my best.i wish you all the sucess in your project and if you see garry give him my best wishes and tell him that i am spreading the infomation on the U.D.H.R and his 60 plus years fighting for humanity.love and peace freeman john.

[...]

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            WorldCitizen-digest@yahoogroups.com
            WorldCitizen-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Youth Approach
        Message 3 of 7 , May 6, 2012

          Monday, May 7, 2012 12:48 PM
          Dear Sirs/Madam,

          Lot of thanks for favoring E Mail Updates in a regular intervals. We wish you well with future endeavors.
          Thanking you in anticipation.
          Very truly yours,
          M.W. Faruque,
          World-Citizen.

          Message 4 of 7 , May 21, 2012
            Migration activists will be having a noborder-weekend in Den Dolder.
            If you want more info, or want to announce your participation (before
            may 27th!!), you can email

            noborder-nl@....

            I won't be able to attend myself :-(

            groetjes, Ronaldo

            --
            http://www.esperanto.net http://www.moneyasdebt.net
          • louis7377
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 12, 2013
              How is this project going? I would love to have an update? Do you guys have a website yet?

              --- In WorldCitizen@yahoogroups.com, legal@... wrote:

              > Film Researcher needed to help with a full length documentary on World Citizen Garry Davis.
              >
              > Arthur Kanegis, who produced the award winning short film at www.onefilms.com is now producing a full length documentary on Garry Davis in which he reveals the key to peace. This compelling character-driven documentary will tell the amazing the true story of this intriguing character who has been living as a citizen of no nation, only the world, for 62 years.
              >
              > We need researchers who can dig into archives, especially at locations in Los Angeles, Washington DC, France, Germany, and elsewhere in Europe. While lots of footage is available online, other archives are not yet digitalized, so it would be great if our researchers could visit film libraries in person. We could pay your reasonable expenses as long as they are pre-approved.
              >
              > We also need a creative Film Editor with graphic artist skills to be part of our team. While it's possible you could edit from a distance, we'd prefer to find an editor who could come join us on the beach in Baja, only an hour south of San Diego. We would provide our editor with a lovely suite, only steps from the beach - a great place to be creative!
              >
              > We need people right away since we aim to complete post production by July, 2012.
              >
              > Here are the details:
              >
              > CREATIVE EDITOR/GRAPHIC ARTIST:
              > Skills required: Creating backgrounds for subjects filmed on greenscreen, titles, possible animation, as well as creative intercutting of historic footage. We'd like an out of the box thinker, with a good sense of comic timing to bring out the humor in our subject (a la "the Yes Men, "The Story of Stuff","Roger and Me"). You MUST have an online demo reel to be considered.
              >
              > FILM RESEARCHER:
              > Able to locate film clips in Historical Archives of the 40s and 50s. You can be located and work from anywhere for this position, and be looking for clips located in the USA, France, and Germany. If you speak French and/or German as well as English, that's a plus.
              >
              > INTERN:
              > To assist in all aspects of the project. (no pay for this position, but you'll get a free place to stay in Baja!)
              >
              > Our budget is quite limited, so we aim to fill out our team with volunteers or people willing to accept much lower than their normal fees because they share our passion this amazing true story -- which could inspire thousands to see world citizenship as a key creative solutions to the problems of war and global warming.
              >

              > TO SUBMIT:
              > Be sure to mention you heard about this on the World Citizen listserve, and email your COVER LETTER, RESUME, and LINKS to examples of your work to: onefilmsjob@...
              >
              > Be sure to indicate which POSITION you are submitting for in the subject line of your email.

            • cathy_abernethy
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 17, 2013
                I didn't know anything about this, is it done or stull ongoing?
                Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

> [...]

                > INTERN:
                > To assist in all aspects of the project. (no pay for this position, but you'll get a free place to stay in Baja!)
                >
                > Our budget is quite limited, so we aim to fill out our team with volunteers or people willing to accept much lower than their normal fees because they share our passion this amazing true story -- which could inspire thousands to see world citizenship as a key creative solutions to the problems of war and global warming.
                >

                > TO SUBMIT:
                > Be sure to mention you heard about this on the World Citizen listserve, and email your COVER LETTER, RESUME, and LINKS to examples of your work to: onefilmsjob@...
                >
                > Be sure to indicate which POSITION you are submitting for in the subject line of your email.

              • MartyRevOfLuvSovereignCivilian
                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 28, 2013

                  http://www.worldservice.org/