RE: [WorldCitizen] Hacker alert ! karl/mikal

  • Louis ...
    Message 1 of 24 , Mar 29, 2012
      Several people here have said the same as I.  That we're tired of the same old rehashed stuff.  Yet many others stay quite, while I'll comment on it as I really get tired of opening my email here to look at posts in this group (hoping for something important) only to often find a bunch of nonsense.  THAT'S why many people here don't post.  As for me replying to a thread, etc.., IT'S THERE.  That's what the threads are for.
      Last year I posted several times on some topics, only for my posts to fly over the heads of so many people here.
      Like some fool here was saying that you MUST have a social security number in this country to send or receive money via Western Union or Money Gram, etc...
      Yet every time I post a topic, I follow through with PROOFS.
      Yet the twit said "Oh, The Patriot Act MAKES us here have to have a social security number, blah blah blah".   Pretty much of a twit that person is.  Especially when I post laws, statutes, Constitution, and more to show the CONTRARY.
      I can even post on how no government has any authority over any individual WITHOUT a duly authenticated CHARGING INSTRUMENT (affidavit of fact).
      But what would be the point?  My posts and proofs would just fly in one ear of most people here and out the other.
      So I decide to mostly sit back and read posts in the hopes of gleaning some positive information since many people here are from around the world.
      Yet often the posts are a bunch of re-hashed nonsense from the SAME PEOPLE over and over again.

      As for the hackers, you give some DETAILED EXPLANATION on what YOU think hackers are (like they fall into some pre-ordained categories).
      Maybe many hackers are just boobs that like to screw around with peoples computers and mess up peoples lives just for the hell of it (chaos theory).
      Fact:  You reply to peoples emails privately and you had better NOT reply to the wrong person because all of your computers information will be wedged in that email all encoded.
      You want me to prove it?
      Clayton VanGuilder lives around Big Boom Road?   Astrological year of birth year of the rooster?
      What more private details.
      I tell someone to STOP sending me private messages, and if they don't listen......

      Now picture a hacker that just wishes to SMASH someone just to smash someone.  Can you place that hacker into some pigeon-hole classification?

      And THIS is a huge reason on why I stated that the females here whom decide they don't wish to post have MUCH MORE POWER than those that post.  Simply because they're invisible.  And this is why I've stated that someone who wishes to draw out the invisible people is simply because that person wishes to place a GRIP on people.

      So what's the point on World Citizenship if people don't have respect for a basic thing as leaving people alone?

      Just wondering.

      Message 2 of 24 , Mar 29, 2012
        Okay I can offer a bit on this.

        I have lived and worked mostly as a volunteer  in 11 countries since 1980, mostly in the western hemisphere.  I grew up on a small American farm so I have agricultural, as well as alternative technology, medical and teaching background.  I have worked with church mission groups, non religious NGOs and some UN related groups as a medical Lab tech, health worker, and teacher in secondary schools.  I have worked on agriculture projects, worked on building projects and taught about water purification, alternative energy.. windmills and solar power.  I am presently a consultant on staff with three international organizations in West Africa.

        Honestly one does not get rich doing this and I have never earned more than room and board and sometimes my travel was reimbursed if I worked an extended period like 6 months or longer.

        Some International organizations like 'Doctors Without Borders' and others recruit people and pay a nominal stipend and travel expenses.. so does the Peace Corps.  Some private NGOs will also do that while others require you to raise your own support prior to leaving.  A FEW are using the 'volunteer tourism' approach and ask one to pay to be a volunteer for a short term like a 'vacation with work  LOL.

        Some volunteer and work through their religious affiliation which may have practical projects like orphanages, schools, village projects etc.  You may need to raise some support but it is often supplemented through the organization.

        If you have certain needed skills.. like being a Registered Nurse, Agricultural expert, equipment operator, or construction worker.. your chances are very good. If you are someone with only a High School diploma.. no particular skills.. do not speak any foreign language, have never traveled far from home or been in the military.. you will find it hard to get a position unless you 'wing it' on your own.  In that case the 'volunteer tourism' like a paid vacation with work is a good way to get your feet wet.  You can take an EMT program through a local firehouse or community college, learn to Teach English and get a TEFL certificate, also many nursing homes will sponsor you to become a licensed nurses aid and usually city college will credit you and for 1 additional year you can become a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN or LPN).

        Some have taught English, but it is either welcomed or rejected by the local country and many schools will demand a TEFL certification to do it now.  The good news is you can complete all the requirements on line for a cost of around $300..  I did it through  http://www.onlineteflcourses.com/

        TRANSITIONS ABROAD is a HUGE portal for people wanting to teach, volunteer or work overseas.  It is a good starting place for you.     http://www.transitionsabroad.com/

        If you or anyone else wants to correspond with me about this topic directly by email,  I am most happy to do so.

        Kindest Regards,

        Andres
        (the other Andrew)

        De : jayalakshmi jayaraman <jj_raman2001@...>
        À : "WorldCitizen@yahoogroups.com" <WorldCitizen@yahoogroups.com>
        Envoyé le : Mardi 20 mars 2012 2h25

        Hi all,

        Maybe the women in the group and in the world are busy running the world and letting the men do the talking:-) Just joking and hoping to make things a little bit lighter for all the men and women here...I do understand that there are serious issues involved here and I have personal experience as an Indian woman to being treated as invisible all the time and my life story has been one big rebellion against it...So maybe women are tired of fighting for their rights everywhere and want a rest in this forum atleast?

        Cheers,

        Jaya.J

        The proper study of mankind is man - Jean Jacques Rousseau
        The proper study of mankind is woman - Nataraja Guru.

        Message 3 of 24 , Mar 30, 2012
          I have been following "WorldCitizen for a while now (a woman) and I only want to add an important note about hacking. People are hacking into other's emails with notices to friends about being stranded or robbed in a foreign country. They then ask for money to get home. It happened twice in my circle of friends, so beware. Also, my facebook account was hacked into and now they want me to pay $70 to get my password changed. I am no longer using facebook. be careful everyone. Many of my emails are not allowed to go through from gmail and yahoo.

          From: peteroframona@... <peteroframona@...>
          To: worldcitizen@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Wednesday, March 21, 2012, 10:57 AM

          Just want to Thank Louis for the hacker warning.  Too many of those dudes around now that you do not know who to trust.  Do trust Louis though.  His words are good.  I do not post often because the same old, same old just keeps getting rehashed.  But, when I do post, it is usually in reply to something that Louis has said.  Too many posters are seeing it all from the "American" point of view rather than the bigger picture that Louis (and I) see.  I am from Canada and our prime minister - Harper - is trying his damnest to make Canada into a carbon copy of the U.S.  Why?  We haven't been able to figure that one out yet!  We are all World Citizens, but guys like Harper think that they are more "Worldly" than the rest of us!

          Thanks Louis.  You are a true guy on this Forum.

          Brother Peter +

          To: WorldCitizen@yahoogroups.com
          From: louis.ny2001@...
          Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 15:30:23 -0700
          Subject: [WorldCitizen] Hacker alert !

          Karl" <v.karlc@...   aka VanGuilder

          Both guys named Karl here are the same dude.
          A friggin' hacker who fucks with you privately trying to egg you into you sending him a private message so that he can get your IP Address.

          Beware of this shitbag.
          Seriously.

          Mikal.....if you resort to name-calling (i prefer discussions without it)....at least have the guts/decency to say who it's adressing

          > -- to meet people who feel the opinions of women who don't speak
          > english are not necessary in a context of possibly creating a > 'global citizen' status --

          Don't strawman us...This yahoogroup happens to use english, but most of us non-monolinguals would just as gladly use Esperanto or other languages in other groups

          > i feel such people represent OLD energy and outmoded, oppressive >"Dominator model" ways of thinking and discussing.

          I think you feel wrong, and that all alternative models are also "old"

          > does this seem like a valid standpoint for starting a discussion?

          No. It would if you had presented it with a decent subjectline and without the ranting....

          > showing my Libra side a bit, i guess.

          pfrt

          groetjes, Ronaldo

        • Garry Davis
          Message 4 of 24 , Apr 3, 2012
          World Citizen Garry Davis launches a live streaming radio show on April 12, 2012 at 9 pm EST at www.globalradioalliance.com. Every Thursday, World Citizen Davis invites you to listen and chat about how we, terrestrial citizens, must work together to protect and sustain our world.

          Please see attached flyer about the radio show.
        • ro-esp
          Message 5 of 24 , Apr 7, 2012
            louis.ny2001@... sendis:

            > Several people here have said the same as I.

            If you want to know how many agree, I suggest using the poll-function

            > That we're tired of the same old rehashed stuff.

            and you think you can remedy that by rehashing some more yourself?

            > Yet many others stay quite, while I'll comment on it as I really get
            > tired of opening my > email here to look at posts in this group
            > (hoping for something important) only to often > find a bunch of
            > nonsense.

            I for one sometimes feel that way about your posts

            > THAT'S why many people here don't post.  As for me replying to a
            > thread, etc.., IT'S > THERE.  That's what the threads are for.

            Learn to read....Any thread will end as soon as noone contributes to
            it anymore.If everything that has to be said about something has been
            said, there's no point in perpetuating the thread.

            > Yet every time I post a topic, I follow through with PROOFS.

            So, where's your proof that Mikal and Karl are one person?

            > Yet the twit

            pointless name-calling..

            > As for the hackers, you give some DETAILED EXPLANATION on what YOU
            > think hackers are (like they fall into some pre-ordained categories).

            You call someone "hacker" , I asked why and explained what I believe
            the word to mean.

            >> A *hacker* is someone who gains access to other people's private
            >> data (for instance by >> guessing a password).A
            >> *white-hat-hacker* would do so to warn the owner of the leaks. A >>
            >> *black-hat-hacker* or *cracker* would do so for personal gain, or
            >> to sabotage whatever >> the owner of the computer is doing.

            If you have a different definition, feel free to provide a link to
            wikipedia or urban dictionary or whatever, or just give us your
            definition.

            Don't bitch and moan about people not understanding your messages if
            you don't bother to clarify the terminology you use.

            happy easter/pesach/etc

            Ronaldo

            --
            http://www.esperanto.net http://www.moneyasdebt.net