RE: [WorldCitizen] Re: Militia State (and Non-violent Revolution)

  • Gary Shepherd
    Message 1 of 49 , Jun 28, 2011

      Hi

      I agree that anyone who wants to truly understand anything about the movement should start by reading Reeves’ book. I don’t personally agree with everything Reeves says, but familiarity with it really does represent “World Government 101”.

      World Peace and Unity,

      Gary

      Gary K. Shepherd

      Editor, United World Magazine

      http://uwcdwg.tripod.com/

      Message 49 of 49 , Oct 7, 2011
        Quote:That's a good idea!But it's not necessary for different
        ethnic,racial and cultural groups to represent the World Government.

        I believe that different ethnic,racial and cultural groups should
        have a say in determining humankind's destiny either through public
        opinion,universal suffrage or serving in public office.

        Quote:(H)ow could such an Earth Citizens Movement convince large
        numbers of people to engage in massive border crossings,knowing that
        they would be arrested?

        For decades,people have risked being arrested(or worse)for
        social/political causes.Civil rights workers have endured being
        arrested,attacked by police dogs,sprayed with fire hoses and beaten
        with nigthsticks in their protests against racial segregation in the
        Southern United States,during the mid-fifties and the early
        sixties.There were those who have sacrificed their lives for the Civil
        Rights movement.Activists such as Medger Evers,James Earl
        Chaney,Michael Schwerner and Martin Luther King.If the cause is worth
        it,people will place their fortunes,their reputations and even their
        lives at risk,to see that the objectives of that cause are
        realized.And,I believe that peace through global unification is such a
        cause.

        Quote:What methods of promotion could be used to turn out"a
        million"Earth Citizens in major cities,and how would they be
        organized?

        Through the usual methods of communication such as word of
        mouth,newspaper and television advertisements and digital
        networking,which I've mentioned earlier.But,the problem is that a
        great deal of the mass media is owned by corporations.The ECM can
        publish its own newsletters and magazines.The Earth Citizens Movement
        can put out a glossy newsstand magazine to reach the general
        public.The ECM can also broadcast its own TV programs on public access
        networks.Even though,I have no experience in organizing protest
        marches,I would suggest that everyone study the Occupy Wall Street
        movement,which have started in New York City's financial district,and
        later spread through cities such as Washington D.C.,Los
        Angeles,Boston,Chicago,Miami,Portland(Maine),Portland(Oregon),Seattle,San
        Francisco,Philidelphia and Denver.A small group of dedicated people
        can grow into a vast,grassroots popular movement.

        Quote:On top of the strategies mentioned before,I would like to add
        the importance of gaining support in the religious world.

        I regret,that this one group that I've accidently left
        out.My bad.Many religious believers have worked as volunteers in
        various humanitarian NGOs to help people in need.Religious
        denominations such as the Unitarian-Universalists and the Baha'i Faith
        have supported the concept of global unification.Non-believers such as
        Secular Humanists,Agnostics and Atheists should be allowed to
        participate in ECM activities.After all,both religious and
        non-religious people share the same planetary habitat.Another group
        I've accidently left out is women.Female ECM activists should serve
        equally in every capacity,even in leadership roles.They should do more
        than just type letters,and serve coffee and cake.

        I would like to add a couple of more strategies the ECM can
        try.The ECM can get involved in local politics,by supporting
        candidates for community councils and local school boards,while
        working its way up to national elections.ECM student chapters can
        petition their schools to include courses for global government
        studies.Unifying the human race will not happen overnight.It will
        probably take years,decades or perhaps another century.The ECM will
        have to keep chipping away at the foundation of the nation-state
        system,until it collapse and replaced by a democratic United Earth
        government.The people of Earth must release themselves from their
        nation-state straitjackets,and adopt a planetary identity that
        encompasses all of humanity and the entire planet.