RE: [WorldCitizen] Re: Militia State

  • Andres Espino
    Message 1 of 49 , May 20, 2011
      Gary I tend to agree!

      However I think it is unlikely a world democracy could ever be achieved anymore through revolution without excessive loss of life and even destruction of the earth itself.  One nation would surely use the bomb rather than give up.

      The only reasonable method for bringing this about is gradually through educating the masses.  It would no doubt start with the less powerful developing countries willing to band together in unity and the powerful first world nations would be the last to give in to it.

      I remember President Bush in his speech prior to the Iraq war, when the UN had advised to wait for further negotiations,  Bush said "I refuse to allow a bunch of third world nations to dictate American Policy".  We thumbed our noses at the United Nations and did as we pleased anyway.

      In reality, the United Nations wields very little power and for years the more powerful nations like China, The Former Soviet Union, The UK and USA, simply Ignored her and proceeded with their own agenda.  Of first world nations, it seems like Canada and Australia have the most common sense.

      Regards,

      Andres
      (the other Andrew)

      Message 49 of 49 , Oct 7, 2011
        Quote:That's a good idea!But it's not necessary for different
        ethnic,racial and cultural groups to represent the World Government.

        I believe that different ethnic,racial and cultural groups should
        have a say in determining humankind's destiny either through public
        opinion,universal suffrage or serving in public office.

        Quote:(H)ow could such an Earth Citizens Movement convince large
        numbers of people to engage in massive border crossings,knowing that
        they would be arrested?

        For decades,people have risked being arrested(or worse)for
        social/political causes.Civil rights workers have endured being
        arrested,attacked by police dogs,sprayed with fire hoses and beaten
        with nigthsticks in their protests against racial segregation in the
        Southern United States,during the mid-fifties and the early
        sixties.There were those who have sacrificed their lives for the Civil
        Rights movement.Activists such as Medger Evers,James Earl
        Chaney,Michael Schwerner and Martin Luther King.If the cause is worth
        it,people will place their fortunes,their reputations and even their
        lives at risk,to see that the objectives of that cause are
        realized.And,I believe that peace through global unification is such a
        cause.

        Quote:What methods of promotion could be used to turn out"a
        million"Earth Citizens in major cities,and how would they be
        organized?

        Through the usual methods of communication such as word of
        mouth,newspaper and television advertisements and digital
        networking,which I've mentioned earlier.But,the problem is that a
        great deal of the mass media is owned by corporations.The ECM can
        publish its own newsletters and magazines.The Earth Citizens Movement
        can put out a glossy newsstand magazine to reach the general
        public.The ECM can also broadcast its own TV programs on public access
        networks.Even though,I have no experience in organizing protest
        marches,I would suggest that everyone study the Occupy Wall Street
        movement,which have started in New York City's financial district,and
        later spread through cities such as Washington D.C.,Los
        Angeles,Boston,Chicago,Miami,Portland(Maine),Portland(Oregon),Seattle,San
        Francisco,Philidelphia and Denver.A small group of dedicated people
        can grow into a vast,grassroots popular movement.

        Quote:On top of the strategies mentioned before,I would like to add
        the importance of gaining support in the religious world.

        I regret,that this one group that I've accidently left
        out.My bad.Many religious believers have worked as volunteers in
        various humanitarian NGOs to help people in need.Religious
        denominations such as the Unitarian-Universalists and the Baha'i Faith
        have supported the concept of global unification.Non-believers such as
        Secular Humanists,Agnostics and Atheists should be allowed to
        participate in ECM activities.After all,both religious and
        non-religious people share the same planetary habitat.Another group
        I've accidently left out is women.Female ECM activists should serve
        equally in every capacity,even in leadership roles.They should do more
        than just type letters,and serve coffee and cake.

        I would like to add a couple of more strategies the ECM can
        try.The ECM can get involved in local politics,by supporting
        candidates for community councils and local school boards,while
        working its way up to national elections.ECM student chapters can
        petition their schools to include courses for global government
        studies.Unifying the human race will not happen overnight.It will
        probably take years,decades or perhaps another century.The ECM will
        have to keep chipping away at the foundation of the nation-state
        system,until it collapse and replaced by a democratic United Earth
        government.The people of Earth must release themselves from their
        nation-state straitjackets,and adopt a planetary identity that
        encompasses all of humanity and the entire planet.