Re: [WorldCitizen] Can the WORLD passport be used to open a UK bank account

  • Professor Dr.David Ngin Sian Pau
    Message 1 of 24 , Jun 29, 2010
      As an alternative option, the USA should allow World Passport to be recognized by some banks at the least in America and should give some provisions for World Citizen.  Becoming a World Citizen and holding a World Passport can't make a person terrorist unless he or she has a valid evidence of relationship with the real terrorists or Muslim extremists.

      All the immigration officers and police in the USA should understand the Universal  Human Rights Declaration of the UN that no World Passport holder that has an International Resident Permit should be in any way arrested at anytime unless he or she commits a crime.

      Professor Dr David Ngin Sian Pau
      World Citizen
      Kuala Lumpur

      From: Louis ... <louis.ny2001@ yahoo.com>
      To: WorldCitizen@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Tuesday, June 22, 2010, 8:01 AM

      Excellent news ! ! !
      Is that valid for America as well?

      Message 2 of 24 , Jun 29, 2010
        Sorry but I disagree as to some of your points.
         First: No I.D. is ever asked to send money through Western Union or Money Gram here in America. Only to pick up the money and if you don't have an I.D. to pick up monies sent then the sender just needs to put a "test question" along with the Western Union or Money Gram order that you, the receiver, must answer correctly in order to pick up your money at the other end.
         And as for a social security number to open up a bank account, the bank may ask for one but you are not obligated to provide that. They will also accept an i.t.i.n. (income tax identity number) which is issued by the I.R.S. (Internal Revenue Service) since that bank is actually asking for what's called a "controlling number" for the account.

        Message 3 of 24 , Jul 1, 2010
          You are wrong.  I was denied to send both Money Gram and Western Union funds to a friend in West Africa because the Patriot Act requires them to verify the ID of anyone sending money.  It is also posted on a Patriot Act poster in the local credit union.

          Just go ask any bank or the Western Union office or try to do it with no drivers license or id of any kind.

          Andrew

          Message 4 of 24 , Jul 2, 2010
            I very much agree with you.

            The problem of course is that the United States isn't used to attacks within the United States, so America has become paranoid. I think the last attack on American territory was in 1812.

            In addition, humans now have nuclear weapons. The American government is seriously afraid of a nuclear terrorist attack on Washington. There would be no warning, and most of Congress, plus many other high government officials would suddenly be killed. The United States is worried enough about this that there is a shadow government in a secret place away from Washington D.c. which always has officials and records needed to continue government operations after an attack on Washington, plus there is always someone in the line of succession to the Presidency outside Washington. You can see how this would make the government officials still remaining in Washington paranoid.

            Thus, the United States has gone overboard with not admitting certain foreign students, putting restrictions on admitting tourists, etc.

            So you can understand the situation, although of course, I agree with your ideas.

            Jim

            --- In WorldCitizen@yahoogroups.com, "Professor Dr.David Ngin Sian Pau" <pauno71@...> wrote:

            > As an alternative option, the USA should allow World Passport to be recognized by some banks at the least in America and should give some provisions for World Citizen. Becoming a World Citizen and holding a World Passport can't make a person terrorist unless he or she has a valid evidence of relationship with the real terrorists or Muslim extremists.
            >
            > All the immigration officers and police in the USA should understand the Universal Human Rights Declaration of the UN that no World Passport holder that has an International Resident Permit should be in any way arrested at anytime unless he or she commits a crime.
            >
            > Professor Dr David Ngin Sian Pau
            > World Citizen
            > Kuala Lumpur
            >
            > ________________________________

          • Delta
            Message 5 of 24 , Jul 2, 2010
              Hello,

              But the question was "UK bank accounts with WORLD ID", not "US bank account".

              And I can repeat - it possible to open UK bank account with World passport .

              Ksenia

              Message 6 of 24 , Jul 2, 2010
                In France, you may open bank account, but you need few more steps.
                First, get post address with your world ID, world passpert as well. Address services allow that.
                Second, you should apply for residence, and I think, refugee can mange it. If you have no other documents, officials should accept it.
                You will get some kind of temporare french ID, for 1 month. Then, after interwiev, you may get temporary 3-month-id which allows you to open account at La Post - real bank account.

                Another simple way is to get a prepaid card of some retailer, it will be issued if you have any ID and address. It is not real account but you may receive money on it and get limited cash. You may also buy anything from the issuing retailer for any sum. The most known issuer are Auchan and Carrefour.

                The third way is to look closely and ask. Some banks have less requirements but need guarantees from the customers. So, I know a person who managed to open account without formalities but by recommendation of 3 well-bonified guarantees.
              • Andres Espino
                Message 7 of 24 , Jul 7, 2010
                  Anton,

                  Do you know whether this process applies to obtaining a bank account in former French Colonies which utilize French Banking Methods?  examples include, Morocco, Cote d'Ivoire, Cameroon and many other former French nations.

                  Andrew

                  Message 8 of 24 , Jul 7, 2010

                    Hi

                    Actually, the last large scale attack on American territory occurred in 1942, during World War II. Smaller scale (terrorist) attacks have occurred many times since then.  The ‘shadow government’, along with rules about someone in the line of succession being outside Washington, and one of the Air Force strategic planes always being kept flying, are all actually hold-overs from Cold War days, meant to counter the Soviet ability to blow up Washington.

                    In any case, the attempt to prevent terrorist attacks by these methods are woefully inadequate, and misplaced effort. The only long-term solution to terrorism is democratic world government.

                    World peace and Unity,
                    Gary

                    Gary K. Shepherd

                    Editor, United World Magazine

                    http://uwcdwg.tripod.com/

                    The problem of course is that the United States isn't used to attacks within the United States, so America has become paranoid. I think the last attack on American territory was in 1812.

                    In addition, humans now have nuclear weapons. The American government is seriously afraid of a nuclear terrorist attack on Washington. There would be no warning, and most of Congress, plus many other high government officials would suddenly be killed. The United States is worried enough about this that there is a shadow government in a secret place away from Washington D.c. which always has officials and records needed to continue government operations after an attack on Washington, plus there is always someone in the line of succession to the Presidency outside Washington. You can see how this would make the government officials still remaining in Washington paranoid.

                    Thus, the United States has gone overboard with not admitting certain foreign students, putting restrictions on admitting tourists, etc.

                    So you can understand the situation, although of course, I agree with your ideas.

                    Jim

                    --- In WorldCitizen@yahoogroups.com, "Professor Dr.David Ngin Sian Pau" <pauno71@...> wrote:

                    > As an alternative option, the USA should allow World Passport to be
                    recognized by some banks at the least in America and should give some provisions for World Citizen. Becoming a World Citizen and holding a World Passport can't make a person terrorist unless he or she has a valid evidence of relationship with the real terrorists or Muslim extremists.

                    > All the immigration officers and police in the USA should understand the
                    Universal Human Rights Declaration of the UN that no World Passport holder that has an International Resident Permit should be in any way arrested at anytime unless he or she commits a crime.

                    > Professor Dr David Ngin Sian Pau
                    > World Citizen
                    > Kuala Lumpur
                    >
                    > ________________________________

                    manifest. html

                  • oloufade232001@yahoo.com
                    Message 9 of 24 , Jul 7, 2010
                      How can u get the world passport to open account bank in french

                      From: "anton" <amalkin@...>
                      Sender: WorldCitizen@yahoogroups.com
                      Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 18:58:33 -0000
                      To: <WorldCitizen@yahoogroups.com>
                      ReplyTo: WorldCitizen@yahoogroups.com

                      Message 10 of 24 , Jul 9, 2010
                        I don't think so. The main issue is to get temporary residence permission with world ID. It is possible in France, but I have heard, it is more difficult in French oversea territories and former colonies.

                        Message 11 of 24 , Jul 9, 2010
                          Visit worldservice.org to learn more about world passport, world citizenship and how to get one.

                          Message 12 of 24 , Jul 9, 2010
                            I did forget the Pearl Harbor attack. Thinking about it, I think the reason is that I see Hawaii as a long ways from the mainland states, geographically, and that probably biased my thinking at that moment.

                            In any case, the small terrorist attacks are not really large scale attacks which carry a threat of actual defeat of some kind. There is a large difference between an attack like the 9/11 attack, which was nevertheless horrendous, and a nuclear terrorist attack on Washington which would instantly kill most Congresspersons, and many major government officials. Given the obvious new security measures which have been undertaken, the possibility of a terrorist crashing an airplane or detonating a body bomb is not a personal threat to Congresspersons and government officials, like a nuclear attack on Washington would be. I would guess that Congresspersons and government officials in Washington don't really have a fear that they will be killed by a crashing airplane. However, they do think that they might be killed by a nuclear terrorist attack on Washington.

                            Jim

                            --- In WorldCitizen@yahoogroups.com, "Gary Shepherd" <gshepher@...> wrote:

                            > Hi
                            >
                            > Actually, the last large scale attack on American territory occurred in 1942, during World War II. Smaller scale (terrorist) attacks have occurred many times since then. The 'shadow government', along with rules about someone in the line of succession being outside Washington, and one of the Air Force strategic planes always being kept flying, are all actually hold-overs from Cold War days, meant to counter the Soviet ability to blow up Washington.
                            >

                            > In any case, the attempt to prevent terrorist attacks by these methods are woefully inadequate, and misplaced effort. The only long-term solution to terrorism is democratic world government.
                            >

                            > World peace and Unity,
                            > Gary
                            >

                            > Gary K. Shepherd
                            >
                            > Editor, United World Magazine
                            >
                            > http://uwcdwg.tripod.com/

                          • jfnewell7
                            Message 13 of 24 , Jul 9, 2010
                              After some further thought, I think I can say a bit more. There are often unconscious influences on our thinking that we aren't aware of. Most people now know this, but it will do no harm to be reminded.

                              So, I think that the reason Pearl Harbor didn't emerge into my conscious awareness was not raw geography, as occurred to me at the moment I gave that answer. Rather, this is what I think happened:

                              When I first read about the problem in the news media, that resulted in a view of the situation in my mind combining some visual images and some meanings. My mind then almost automatically tried to find similarities. Hawaii got excluded early on - until Gary's statements - because it didn't make the government officials in Washington fearful of a sudden death without warning. Airplanes from Japan couldn't have reached Washington, DC. Actually, the War of 1812 wasn't, I now see, really relevant either, because when the British invaded Washington, D.C., government officials simply evacuated. They were not in threat of sudden unexpected death by the British.

                              The cold war isn't relevant for a couple of reasons. First, it was expected that there would be a minimum of 15 minutes warning if missiles were on the way from the USSR, so government officials could feel that they had enough time to get to their bomb shelters. Secondly, I don't think they really expected the USSR to attack because the Soviet government officials were well educated and at least somewhat idealistic and rational. They were mainly concerned to prevent an accident.

                              With a terrorist nuclear weapon, the situation is quite different. There is no doubt that terrorists would attack if they could get hold of a nuclear weapon. In addition, there would be no warning. There would only be an explosion and the government officials would be dead in less than a second on many cases.

                              Other terrorist attacks on the United States are not relevant because the people involved have not had access to nuclear weapons. Therefore, there is not the great fear that has arisen of a terrorist nuclear attack on the government buildings in Washington, DC.

                              I will leave it to the terrorists to consider whether or not it is a wise idea to threaten government officials of a nuclear power to such a major extent.

                            • anton
                              Message 14 of 24 , Jul 13, 2010
                                Sorry, but I do not believe, the 9-11 was a small attack. It brought in trouble economy, some industries were struggling to survive, and today's financial crisis can also be partially attributed to that act. It had as consequence two wars with thousands of killed. Well, if that were small, what do you consider to be large?

                                Sincerely,
                                anton

                                --- In WorldCitizen@yahoogroups.com, "jfnewell7" <jfnewell7@...> wrote:

                                > I did forget the Pearl Harbor attack. Thinking about it, I think the reason is that I see Hawaii as a long ways from the mainland states, geographically, and that probably biased my thinking at that moment.
                                >
                                > In any case, the small terrorist attacks are not really large scale attacks which carry a threat of actual defeat of some kind. There is a large difference between an attack like the 9/11 attack, which was nevertheless horrendous, and a nuclear terrorist attack on Washington which would instantly kill most Congresspersons, and many major government officials. Given the obvious new security measures which have been undertaken, the possibility of a terrorist crashing an airplane or detonating a body bomb is not a personal threat to Congresspersons and government officials, like a nuclear attack on Washington would be. I would guess that Congresspersons and government officials in Washington don't really have a fear that they will be killed by a crashing airplane. However, they do think that they might be killed by a nuclear terrorist attack on Washington.
                                >
                                > Jim
                                >
                                > --- In WorldCitizen@yahoogroups.com, "Gary Shepherd" <gshepher@> wrote:
                                > >
                                > > Hi
                                > >
                                > > Actually, the last large scale attack on American territory occurred in 1942, during World War II. Smaller scale (terrorist) attacks have occurred many times since then. The 'shadow government', along with rules about someone in the line of succession being outside Washington, and one of the Air Force strategic planes always being kept flying, are all actually hold-overs from Cold War days, meant to counter the Soviet ability to blow up Washington.
                                > >

                                > > In any case, the attempt to prevent terrorist attacks by these methods are woefully inadequate, and misplaced effort. The only long-term solution to terrorism is democratic world government.
                                > >

                                > > World peace and Unity,
                                > > Gary
                                > >

                                > > Gary K. Shepherd
                                > >
                                > > Editor, United World Magazine
                                > >
                                > > http://uwcdwg.tripod.com/

                              • jfnewell7
                                Message 15 of 24 , Jul 15, 2010
                                  Using what you probably mean by "small", I would agree with you.

                                  However, I am talking about how much something frightens government officials in Washington. None of them were killed in the 9/11 attack, and they have increased military air activity enough so they no doubt feel safe from something like 9/11 happening in Washington.

                                  That the United States has actually formed a shadow government to take over if Washington is destroyed by a terrorist nuclear weapon shows how frightened the government officials are.

                                  Members of the public who don't live in Washington, DC, probably aren't particularly frightened by the idea of of a nuclear terrorist attack on Washington, because people outside Washington are safe from that.

                                  However, it is a different matter for government officials in Washington who would be instantly killed by a terrorist nuclear bomb, and this could happen at any moment with no warning.

                                  There are certain policy decisions which are made more by the government officials in Washington than by the public as a whole. Therefore, something which personally frightens them is bound to have major effects on American policy.

                                  An alternative possibility would be for Members of Congress to stay out of Washington and meet for legislative work by teleconferencing. However, that isn't what the American government has done.One could make a case that they should do something like that, but what they are doing now is staying in Washington and trying to protect themselves by military means.

                                  So in terms of their psychological effect on members of Congress, sudden unexpected death trumps everything else. Compared with their own possible deaths from a terrorist nuclear weapon, from their psychological point of view, everything else that has happened in American history is small.

                                  No doubt that is not the definition of "small" which you are using.

                                  Jim

                                  --- In WorldCitizen@yahoogroups.com, "anton" <amalkin@...> wrote:

                                  > Sorry, but I do not believe, the 9-11 was a small attack. It brought in trouble economy, some industries were struggling to survive, and today's financial crisis can also be partially attributed to that act. It had as consequence two wars with thousands of killed. Well, if that were small, what do you consider to be large?
                                  >
                                  > Sincerely,
                                  > anton
                                  >
                                  > --- In WorldCitizen@yahoogroups.com, "jfnewell7" <jfnewell7@> wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > I did forget the Pearl Harbor attack. Thinking about it, I think the reason is that I see Hawaii as a long ways from the mainland states, geographically, and that probably biased my thinking at that moment.
                                  > >
                                  > > In any case, the small terrorist attacks are not really large scale attacks which carry a threat of actual defeat of some kind. There is a large difference between an attack like the 9/11 attack, which was nevertheless horrendous, and a nuclear terrorist attack on Washington which would instantly kill most Congresspersons, and many major government officials. Given the obvious new security measures which have been undertaken, the possibility of a terrorist crashing an airplane or detonating a body bomb is not a personal threat to Congresspersons and government officials, like a nuclear attack on Washington would be. I would guess that Congresspersons and government officials in Washington don't really have a fear that they will be killed by a crashing airplane. However, they do think that they might be killed by a nuclear terrorist attack on Washington.
                                  > >
                                  > > Jim
                                  > >
                                  > > --- In WorldCitizen@yahoogroups.com, "Gary Shepherd" <gshepher@> wrote:
                                  > > >
                                  > > > Hi
                                  > > >
                                  > > > Actually, the last large scale attack on American territory occurred in 1942, during World War II. Smaller scale (terrorist) attacks have occurred many times since then. The 'shadow government', along with rules about someone in the line of succession being outside Washington, and one of the Air Force strategic planes always being kept flying, are all actually hold-overs from Cold War days, meant to counter the Soviet ability to blow up Washington.
                                  > > >

                                  > > > In any case, the attempt to prevent terrorist attacks by these methods are woefully inadequate, and misplaced effort. The only long-term solution to terrorism is democratic world government.
                                  > > >

                                  > > > World peace and Unity,
                                  > > > Gary
                                  > > >

                                  > > > Gary K. Shepherd
                                  > > >
                                  > > > Editor, United World Magazine
                                  > > >
                                  > > > http://uwcdwg.tripod.com/

                                • Deborah Kalinowski

                                    Message 17 of 24 , Jul 28, 2010
                                      Beautiful story ! ! !
                                      Especially when the teller was impressed and gave the "extra respect" to your document.
                                      These are the little battles that when added up win the war. Like an ocean being made up of tiny drops of water, yet together can make a tsunami.
                                      Thank you for your posting.