Re: Scientific research - Follow the money...

  • jfnewell7
    Message 1 of 56 , Jan 29, 2010
      --- In WorldCitizen@yahoogroups.com, <daniel@...> wrote:
      Daniel::: Nobody at the UN is elected. Those bureaucrats and politicians are hungry for power and looking for a stable source of income. Taxing carbon is the perfect opportunity for the UN to establish a World Government. You have to learn more about the founders of the UN and their vision (Eugenics) to understand what the UN is about.

      Jim:::Everybody is usually self-interested, so we should not base an analysis on that. For example, farmers are all trying to make money, but that doesn't mean we should stop buying food.

      What is important is not what this or that person's self-interest might be, but whether what the person is doing is correct or not. The farmer mentioned above, for example, may be doing it for selfish reasons, but we do need food and the farmer produces it.

      Similarly, it doesn't matter why some people in the UN might propose solving the global warming problem. The important thing is whether or or there is a global warming problem that needs to be solve. Whether people at the UN are saints or devils, it is the reality of rising carbon dioxide levels which is important.

      For that matter, there is no way the governments of the huge nations would allow the very low funded and without actual power United Nations to become a world government. If there are some UN officials who dream of that, it is just an impossible dream. The politicians in the various nations like their own power too much to cede it to the United Nations.

      Officials of the United Nations who are realistic know this, so set more modest goals for themselves. There might be a few highly unrealistic UN officials, but the majority know their limits and work within those limits.

      Therefore, you don't have anything to worry about there. There is no reason for you to worry about something you don't need to worry about, and worrying about something that is no danger just causes stress and affects your health.

      So, think about all this logically.

      Jim

      > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1OFADSgNSo (G. Edward Griffin)
      >
      > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VebOTc-7shU (Fall of the Republic)

    • jfnewell7
      Message 56 of 56 , Feb 4, 2010
        --- In WorldCitizen@yahoogroups.com, ro-esp <ro-esp@...> wrote:

        Ronaldo::: I'd even say, wether this person is doing the right thing

        Jim:::Yes, I agree. Moral values are important objectively. However, because perhaps-even-a-majority of people don't like moral arguments, I often tend to try to find a practical argument, in hopes that such a practical argument will be more acceptable to people.

        Ronaldo::: As I have said before, even that isn't important, since the things we'd need to do for that, we can also do for other valid reasons: political stability, less dependence, air quality, financial reaons...

        Jim:::That's an important point. We need to keep in mind that the human situation and problems are seriously complex.

        Jim