Re: [WorldCitizen]RE: Re: RE Ending/curbing war

  • Brian Reidy
    Message 1 of 336 , Nov 30, 2009
      I think the comprhensive answer to all problems effecting humanity, it to enable all places on the earth to be comprehensively nuked at approximately the same time. It's called, "The Quick Fix".

      Message 336 of 336 , Aug 17, 2010
        HALWAPURI@... sendis:

        > 1. Is there any difference between conventional banking system and
        > Islamic banking system, both from micro and macro perspective?

        Well, as far as I know the main difference is this:
        If you lend money to open a business, with islamic banking the bank
        becomes co-owner.
        So instead of interest, it gets profit if the business has them, and
        it loses when the business runs a deficit. In conventional banking,
        yopu pay interest but the rest of the profit remains yours

        > 2. Is Islamic Banking really a better alternative to conventional
        > banking system? In what ways?

        I don't think so, since the profit-drive is still there

        > 3. Fractional Reserve and the creation of artificial money through
        > it is hailed as the chief ill in this banking system.

        As long asyou don't exagerrate,creation of money isn't the problem.
        Money disappears out of circulation all the time. Demanding it back,
        with interest, is the problem

        > Does Islamic Bank eliminate fractional reserve through its
        > asset-backed lending?

        I don't think so. Without moneycreation the economy would shrink indefinitely

        > 4. Are we going to experience economic justice through this Islamic
        > system of banking and insurance?

        I don't think so

        > One thing I have to say on the behalf of Islamic Banking. The
        > advocates of Islamic Banking themselves believe that the current
        > system is not AT ALL in the true spirit of Islam and that until
        > "Musharaka" is implemented, we might never get to eat the fruits of
        > this system.

        I thinbk that the way in which the danish and swedish J.A.K.-banks
        operate is closer to what koran and bible advocate. They work without
        interest, but don't become co-owner. If you lend money for a business
        from JAK, you still pay twice the amount you borrowed, but as soon as
        it's finished, you get back the better part of the second half. Same
        thing if it's a mortgage. If you buy a house of 100.000 euro,
        over 30 years you pay 200.000 euro, but after the 30 years, you get
        back almost
        100.000..

        groetjes, Ronaldo

        --