Re: Using WSA(R) passports

  • ssto3670
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 30, 2009
      --- In WorldCitizen@yahoogroups.com, "wsahq_theglobecom" <legal@...> wrote:

      > All WSA(R) Passport holders are encouraged to request visas at the
      > embassies or consulates of the countries to which they want to travel
      > prior to traveling. If one is refused, this human rights violation
      > should be reported to the WSA's Legal Department in order to demand
      > redress.
      >
      > World Citizen Forum Moderator

    • ebenodaisy
      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 10, 2009
        --- In WorldCitizen@yahoogroups.com, "ssto3670" <ssto3670@...> wrote:

        > --- In WorldCitizen@yahoogroups.com, "wsahq_theglobecom" <legal@> wrote:
        > >
        > > All WSA(R) Passport holders are encouraged to request visas at the
        > > embassies or consulates of the countries to which they want to travel
        > > prior to traveling. If one is refused, this human rights violation
        > > should be reported to the WSA's Legal Department in order to demand
        > > redress.
        > >
        > > World Citizen Forum Moderator

        It is quite contentious to expect most embassies of countries to accept or deny visa requests without just cause. The reason is not far-fetched, as most officials are carrier diplomats who execute home government policies without any discretions. WSA cannot, therefore, imply any vicarious steps in this regard, my very best opinion, is to review the legitimacy of previous communications with each country on case-by-case basis, and intimate that findings with passport holders, in order to allay their fears, particularly in a changing World such as we live in right now. Albert Einstein, clearly defines, the intensity of conducting acid tests, and the evolving results with several trials, i learnt back in my high school days, with empirical observations, such as we are trying to induce, and apply in this situation. No harm in trials.
        ebenodaisy
      • Andres Espino
        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 14, 2009
          The basis for redress is that most nations signed into the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights of which one Article states the Right of Freedom Of Travel without restriction.  This does not mean "right of residency anywhere" which is a separate issue.

          Since it is one Human Right generally most disregarded, it is the first to be challenged.  Based on the Declaration, every country should at least honor it by granting a transit visa or tourist visa for a limited number of days.

          Regards,

          Andrew

          > > All WSA(R) Passport holders are encouraged to request visas at the
          > > embassies or consulates of the countries to which they want to travel
          > > prior to traveling. If one is refused, this human rights violation
          > > should be reported to the WSA's Legal Department in order to demand
          > > redress.
          > >
          > > World Citizen Forum Moderator

          It is quite contentious to expect most embassies of countries to accept or deny visa requests without just cause. The reason is not far-fetched, as most officials are carrier diplomats who execute home government policies without any discretions. WSA cannot, therefore, imply any vicarious steps in this regard, my very best opinion, is to review the legitimacy of previous communications with each country on case-by-case basis, and intimate that findings with passport holders, in order to allay their fears, particularly in a changing World such as we live in right now. Albert Einstein, clearly defines, the intensity of conducting acid tests, and the evolving results with several trials, i learnt back in my high school days, with empirical observations, such as we are trying to induce, and apply in this situation. No harm in trials.
          ebenodaisy

        • James F. Newell
          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 17, 2009
            I personally would like to see free migration, so that anyone could move to any other nation he or she wished, and upon establishing residence, would become a citizen of that nation. Then, of course, if she or he wished, she or he could move on to a third country, or a fourth, etc.

            Jim