Re: [WorldCitizen] RE:Peace Maker Card

  • Dr.M MLM
    Message 1 of 53 , Oct 31, 2008
      mr norway hi
      may i ask you what is this peace maker card that you have,, what is the previllage??
      thank you.
      Dr Mlm

      On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 11:50 AM, Michel Verheughe <michel@...> wrote:

      > From: piano forte [piano39@...]
      > ooohhh! a 'national identification card' !! what a great idea! sure...may I recommend
      > some great reading for you? Aldous Huxley: Brave New World; George Orwell:
      > 1984; Ayn Rand: Atlas Shrugged; Taylor Caldwell: The Captains and the Kings

      An identity card? Oh yes, I wish I had one, Piano Forte! You see, when I travel in Europe, I see most Europeans using only their identity card but, as a Norwegian, since we have none, I need to carry a passport. An identity card the size of a bank card would be more handy. Of course, it would mean that "big brother," in my case ... er, King Harald of Norway, would be able to spy on me, all the time, ... from the tower of his castle.

      Here is what I'd like to see, though: A "good guy" card. Because I am a good guy: I pay my taxes, I obey the law and I respect the society. But when I am in the street, nobody knows that and I am as suspect as any other man.

      I wish international banking, insurance companies, religious leaders, police authorities, etc. could agree to make a card - or even better - an implanted electronic card (I already have a pacemaker with a lot of digital data in it) that would, from each member authorities, give me "stars." or good points on my card.

      That would enable me to e.g. get easier access at airports and other security sensitive places.

      Why? Because we all want our fellow humans to be "good guys," and to do that, we need to give them a "carrot," something to motivate them to be good.

      Doesn't it make sense?

      Best regards,
      Michel Verheughe
      Norway

      --
      DR M.
    • Michel Verheughe
      Message 53 of 53 , Nov 15, 2008
        > From: george tzindaro [tzindaro@...]
        > Have you any idea of how corrupt the police and other officials are in most parts of
        > the world? How long do you think it would be before stars on that card were for sale?

        You remind me of my wife, George! (take it as a compliment because I love her!). I have been a pacifist for all my life. For the 35 years we have lived together she has told me that I was incredibly naive: There has always been wars and always will!

        Well, I beg to differ, wife and friends. The power is in us to make a difference.

        Barack Obama won the elections. Jesse Jackson was crying. Kenyans waved the American flag in the street. It was a great victory of ... a great athletic star?
        No, it was a victory for mankind. A victoray against prejudice and bigotry.

        The American people has shown that political ideas are more important than the colour of the skin. To paraphrase Dyland, the times they are a-changing!

        As an anarchist, you may not like Obama, dear George, but I am sure you understand what I mean: It is our victory, the victory of the democratic people.

        Times are getting better, even if we meet now and then a setback. The course is set and we must look forward, not to the past. This is the reason I am on this World Citizen's list. Aren't you?

        And if I always sign everywhere on the internet with my full name, it is because I believe most people are nice and no one is after me. I don't get any more spam than anyone else and I like to be as transparent as possible. I would show my ID to anyone, even those who don't ask and don't care. Because I want the world to be better and the power of the example is the only power that gives results.

        Best regards,
        Michel Verheughe
        Norway