Re: [WorldCitizen] emails are vetted here.

  • Andres Espino
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 30, 2008
      Dear Dick,

      No one in this group will want to control what you say, within the scope of decency.  I believe in FREE SPEECH and am owner of 5 yahoo groups, but not owner of this one.  but as a Yahoo group owner let me please explain.

      Some people join groups to obtain email addresses or to generate Spam to members.  Group owners moderate and approve posts to eliminate the group from becoming overwhelmed with commercial SPAM and the misuse of members email, not to censor what people say.  Censoring is rare, except to stop a post because someone's message contains vulgarities, or things too indecent to post.  Yes this happens!  So in public (non explicit) groups like this one, open to young people one has to be careful to follow Yahoo's rules.

      All messages which ARE NOT SPAM directed toward the membership, and which are not indecent are always approved by WSA!  This often includes posts or opinions which are not popular ones.

      I hope you will change your mind and decide to participate in the WorldCitizen group!

      Regards,

      Andrew

      Dick Richardson <somerset_2@...> wrote:
      I have just had the message that emails here have to be vetted and approved by the owners. I will NOT be told what I can and cannot say. I am English ! That is not freedom of speech or democracy. So stuff it, I am out of here.

      Dick.

    • ro-esp
      Message 2 of 4 , May 1 3:51 AM
        > I have just had the message that emails here have to be vetted

        what's "vetted" mean ?

        > and approved by the owners. I will NOT be told what I can and
        > cannot say.

        don't worry, you're not being told what to say. Messages aren't
        censored, just delayed, to keep the spam off the list

        > I am English !

        what has that got to do with anything?

        groetjes, Ronaldo
      • ro-esp
        Message 3 of 4 , May 4 8:44 AM
          > in public (non explicit) groups like this one, open to young people
          > one has to be careful to follow Yahoo's rules.

          I don't think anyone monitors wether "Yahoo's rules" are respected

          >All messages which ARE NOT SPAM directed toward the membership,
          > and which are not indecent are always approved by WSA!

          that's my experience

          >This often includes posts or opinions which are not popular ones.

          often even messages that are totally unreadable because the person who
          sends them doesn't know how to formulate understandable english/french..

          groetjes, Ronaldo