Re: [WorldCitizen] Re: stop bitchen

  • Taran Rampersad
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 5, 2008
      *MIRAI* wrote:
      > In fact do a massive mail out to those in the world limelight.
      > Make a list of each country of which TV people are pushing the
      > boundaries,
      > and have big mouths. All publicity is good publicity.
      > Grassroots ethics is boring for the facile media, give World Citizen
      > passports to mad egoists with loud and funny voices.

      AKA 'Leaders'. :-)

      But then if everyone has the passports and doesn't understand the why of it, what is really accomplished?

      "Why did you get one of these passports?"
      "Angelina Jolie got one and she's hawwwwwwwwwwt"

      Where's my gavel when I need it?

      --
      Taran Rampersad
      cnd@...

      http://www.knowprose.com
      http://www.your2ndplace.com
      http://www.opendepth.com
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/knowprose/

      "Criticize by Creating" - Michelangelo
      "The present is theirs; the future, for which I really worked, is mine." - Nikola Tesla
    • tzindaro
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 8, 2008
        I do not know who the others you mention might be, but DAVID ICKE?
        He is a conman and/or a crackpot!!! Any connection with him would
        totally discredit anything.

        Please do NOT try to ruin the whole concept of the World Passport by
        associating it with such crackpot nonsense.

        --- In WorldCitizen@yahoogroups.com, *MIRAI* <mirai@...> wrote:

        > hehe, nice one :-)
        >

        > > So if we are all serious about the WSA then if we are the people
        we
        > > are in deed the gov. So da management get off your arse and make
        > > things happen. Or people stop bitchen about how life is going
        since
        > > im the only fool who's talking.
        >

        > your post is indeed very true and to the point.
        >
        > One idea might to get a "tv or music personality" into using a
        world
        > citizen passport.
        > to get it press coverage.
        > I.E. Ryuichi Sakamoto and David Sylvian both sing about
        being "world
        > citizens"
        >
        > My problem is that "those in charge" of this world passport
        creation,
        > are seemingly very reclusive. What are they up to exactly?
        > Issues a couple of passports and send them to these musicians for
        free.

        > Send a application to George Monbiot (UK activist) or Paul
        McCartney
        > etc.
        > Or Russell Brand (UK progressive comedian) David Icke or Angelina
        Jolie.

        > (these are UK centric suggestions as I'm in London at the moment)
        >
        > In fact do a massive mail out to those in the world limelight.
        > Make a list of each country of which TV people are pushing the
        > boundaries,
        > and have big mouths. All publicity is good publicity.
        > Grassroots ethics is boring for the facile media, give World
        Citizen
        > passports
        > to mad egoists with loud and funny voices.
        >
        > If you actually believe in your own invention, then put up the
        costs
        > for it.
        >
        > :-)

      • Andres Espino
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 11, 2008
          Dear Group,

          I have posted numerous times about the value of the World Passport, so i will try to tell my story and respond to this question of why people bother to get the World Passport.

          Okay, in all fairness I have to say many (if not most) people start out with getting the World Passport, before they really learn much about the history of the World Service Authority.  Most have some desperate need for a travel document, maybe have been "ripped off" times before by other scams that sell passports too.

          I got my first World Passport out of desperate need!  I had been traveling for a long time in Mexico and the Caribbean with only a Drivers License and US Baptismal certificate.  This was "before" the the discussion about "Real ID".

          Prior to September 11th, you didn't even have to show a birth certificate to get a drivers license in most states.  You completed an application and signed the "I swear the information here in true, under penalty of perjury and $1000 fine" statement at the bottom.  They processed it, gave you your permit and following a test you got your license!  When it was discovered the terrorists had "gotten" US drivers licenses that way, there was a scramble to close that door, and in doing so they imposed a hardship on thousands of Americans who lacked government ID, but maybe had a hospital issued or church ID such as I had.  The day of the "honor system" was over!

          Please remember, up until this time the US also had religious sects like the "Amish", "Mennonites" and "Hutterites" who opted out of modern society and did not even have social security numbers, even tho they were told to get one.  Thousands of People in the states of Pennsylvania and Ohio alone!  Some "Mormons" in Utah also had not complied.

          So, as I said I had a desperate need.  I had been traveling for years like this and "suddenly I was denied entrance to the USA" !  Please remember that prior requirements were only "A Declaration of US Citizenship and declaration to customs of what you were bringing into the US.  It went something like this...

          Border Official:  "Are you a US Citizen?  Where do you live?"
          Me: "Yes!  I am a US Citizen, My name is Andres Espino and I live at 310 Waters Street here in this town!"
          Border Official: "Do you have anything to declare?"
          Me: "No, I went across to Mexico to eat out in a restaurant."
          Border Official: "Okay then, you can pass." and they waved me through.

          This time in 1297 I was "stopped cold" at the border (even tho it was before September 11th), because I only had a baptismal certificate and they now wanted Certified Birth certificates in addition to drivers license.

          I returned to Mexico, where fortunately I knew many people in the churches where I had been volunteering.  I sadly explained my predicament to the Nuns I knew and one of them researched on the US side and told me of World Service Authority.  "WOW!"  I said, "this is an answer to prayer!"  I sent off for it and some weeks later I had it in hand.

          With my NEW World Passport in hand, I headed to the border and home, or so I thought.

          Border Official:  "Are you a US Citizen?  Where do you live?"
          Me: "Yes!  I am a US Citizen, My name is Andres Espino and I live at 310 Waters Street here in this town!"
          Border Official: "Do you have some ID?"  A new question now! but I was prepared.
          Me: "Yes!  I have my Baptismal Certificate, Drivers License and World Passport!"
          Border Official: "World What?"  Surprise!, Surprise!  He hadn't even heard of it!  Nonplussed I handed it all over.  "Sorry, we don't accept this.  It is not a government document.  Do you have Government Issued ID besides your drivers license?  Birth Certificate maybe?"  Sadly i shook my head.
          Border Official: "Sorry, you will have to have government documentation before you can pass, its the rule now." and he turned me back!

          WHAT GIVES?  I thought to myself as i walked off the International bridge back into Mexico.  I went to the church, sought out the Sisters there and the Nun I knew promised to look into it.  Days, perhaps weeks later, I FINALLY knew the history and story of the WSA.

          YES IT IS LEGAL!  Yes the documents are accepted in some places, but not everywhere;  NO the USA does not accept it as Primary Travel Document.  If I had my Certified Birth Certificate I would have been allowed entry, but I would have been allowed in with it and NO World Passport.  What a dilemma!

          SO I gave my information to the Nuns who promised to help me get my Birth Certificate.  Weeks later I again went to the border to most certainly go home this time!

          Border Official:  "Are you a US Citizen?  Where do you live?"
          Me: "Yes!  I am a US Citizen, My name is Andres Espino and I live at 310 Waters Street here in this town!"
          Border Official: "Do you have some ID?"  A new question now! but I was prepared.
          Me: "Yes!  I have my Birth Certificate, Baptismal Certificate, Drivers License and World Passport!"
          Border Official: I handed it all over.  "Sorry, we don't accept this World Passport because it is not a government document.  We no longer accept Baptismal certificates or Hospital Issued Birth certificates either.  You need the Birth certificate issued from the State where you were born!"
          Border Official: "Sorry, you will have to have government "issued" documentation before you can pass, its the rule now." and he turned me back!

          Thus began my adventure into the world or "Quasi-ID", the name given to official ID that was not issued by any government authority.  Finally out of desperation, the Nuns "smuggled me" across the border and I returned to my home!  Of course once home, my life more or less returned to normal.  I was well known had a job, home, and a small business.  I got a lawyer and gave him everything and he proceeded to send it off and after some time I was issued a "Delayed Birth certificate".  Then there was the tragedy of 9-11 and the whole thing changed!  The Patriot Act came into being and homeland security.

          When I went to "renew" my drivers license, "they asked for a birth certificate now", where they never had before!

          "Sorry," they said, "but can you PROVE WHERE YOU GOT THIS?"

          I explained about the lawyer and hospital certificate and the whole nine yards and when I was finished the kind woman looked at me and said "We are under the Patriot Act now and you must furnish better government ID.  There are many fraudulent Birth Certificates you know.  Do you have a Passport?"  I was stunned, but had my World Passport so I gave it to her.  She looked through it, looked at my picture and even commented about the seven languages, handed it back and said "I meant do you have a US Passport?"

          So since there is no longer any "honor system", I and thousands of people like me across the US are struggling with this problem of "Real ID".  I found the ID I had always used was no longer any good.  I could no longer get a drivers license, have a bank account or do anything which required people to have "government issued ID".  My problem is compounded by having a Hispanic name, even though my mother was American.  In government eyes this questions my credibility.  Do a search about real ID and the Patriot Act and you will see this has become such an issue the ACLU is handling thousands of complaints!

          So I am semi-stateless now.  I only have the World Passport!  I AM A WORLD CITIZEN too now!  I am extremely active in helping people in this forum Join the WSA, become World Citizens and get their World Passport.

          I regularly research and answer questions about the WSA.     I recently renewed my World Passport and received the new version and am presently trying to use it to migrate to another country to seek nationality.  I have given up hope of proving my US nationality.  The ACLU says this problem and litigation with thousands of applicants will likely go on for YEARS!

          Some get the World Passport, because they don't understand and think it will somehow guarantee them Canadian or US immigration. It does not!  But it is valid in much of the world and to thousands of refugees it has meant the difference between life and death!  When you support and join the WSA you are helping refugees around the world!

          In conclusion, I think many get the World Passport out of desperate need!  Some are true refugees like folks from Liberia or Uganda, and some are people with ID problems like myself.

          Kindest Regards,

          Andrew

          cnd@knowprose. com