RE: [WorldCitizen]Re:da management

  • Michel Verheughe
    Message 1 of 84 , Mar 1, 2008
      > From: Daniel Branch [bxbggy@...]
      > Women should be regarded as equal citizens with equal rights,not just walkin',talkin' > baby factories.

      Good point, Daniel. Global warming is only the top of the pollution iceberg. Pollution comes from too many consumers. We were 2.5 billions when I was born in 1948; now we are 6.6. Scary! Once ensured decent living standard, a sex equalitarian society doesn't increase its population. Women don't really enjoy to be 'baby factories.'

      Best regards,
      Michel Verheughe
      Norway
    • jodemas2
      Message 84 of 84 , Mar 18, 2008
        --- In WorldCitizen@yahoogroups.com, Taran Rampersad <cnd@...> wrote:

        > jodemas2 wrote:
        > > What the heck difference does which passport I have make to the
        fact
        > > that they must pay for my ticket? Does the ticket somehow become
        > > more expensive because I used a WSA passport? I think not. Does
        > > anyone have any information on the incidence of travelers only
        > > holding a single, WSA passport being denied entry into
        countries?
        > > How often does that happen? Especially a traveler whose all
        other
        > > papers are in order, and who can show financial solvency to enter
        > > country, how often is such a traveler denied entry? because i'd
        > > really like to ditch my national passport and only use the WSA.
        > >
        > Let's pause for a moment.
        >
        > Let's say you run an airline. Let's say whenever someone gets
        turned
        > back, you have to find a spot for them on a plane you own to send
        them
        > back - at your cost. Lets say that you don't want to lose money
        that way.

        > You might decide not to take that risk.
        >
        > Whether that is right or not is an ethical dilemma. The airline is
        not a
        > part of a government. It is answerable to governments of nations
        that
        > permit it to travel between places.
        >
        > Do I agree with the situation? I'm not sure I do. But understanding
        > *their* problem might help a little in understanding the broader
        problem.

        Oh, I'm glad you agree that it has nothing to do with which I
        passport I have.

        Joe