Re: [WorldCitizen] Digest Number 544

  • *MIRAI*
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2006
      >> I think any kind of NWO wants a one world government.
      >
      > what's a NWO ?

      New World Order

      > what's jingoism? (i forgot)

      extreme patriotism, esp. in the form of aggressive or warlike foreign
      policy.

      more a problem in the US than the Netherlands. :-)
      And now becoming a problem in the U.K.

      > 1 left-nationalism (diversity-ism): the idea that it's a good thing
      > to have
      > different languages and customs, which I approve of
      >
      > 2 right-wing-nationalism: the idea that _my_ language and _my_
      > customs are
      > inherently superior to all others, who possibly should even be
      > destroyed

      not sure if 1 is nationalism.

      Nationalism:
      • an extreme form of this, esp. marked by a feeling of superiority
      over other countries.
      • advocacy of political independence for a particular country

      I think 1. is world citizenry :-P

      >> ps. Democracy doesn't work!
      >> (unless in a utopian world with a wise elite and people)
      >>

      > you mean the stuff that's sold to us as "democracy"

      right :)
      MIRAI