Really, how active is this? I'm new from Boston, Massachusetts, USA

  • Michael
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 29, 2006
      I just stumbled upon the World Citizen's website because it was
      linked by an interesting article about somebody who was attempting to
      sever ties with his home country (the United States).

      I'm heartened and impressed and excited to get documentation of my
      already present world citizenship (to further the process of
      legitimazation and reocignition at large), but I wonder just what
      activities are happening? Are there any groups of people I can
      connect with in the Boston area specifically?

      I guess I'm just surprised I've never heard of this, since I'm pretty
      knowledgeable about history I've had many of these ideas for quite
      some time, but only just now am finding out about this? How many
      members are there? What activities are being scheduled? The
      last "Syngeristic" meeting, or whatever it was called, happened
      (according to the website) in 1997?

      I would think those involved in this would want to shout this from
      the rooftops, fly the flag (great flag, by the way!), use the
      passport at bars when they ask for ID, and just go nuts propagating
      this idea that has the potential to be so contageous.

      Can anyone get back to me from the Cambridge/Boston area that I can
      connect with?
    • Andres Espino
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 6, 2006
        Dear Michael,
        I have been a member of WSA since 1998, and I am also a member of the yahoo group forum where you posted this message.

        Like you, I discovered the World Service Authority almost by accident.  I had traveled outside the USA without a passport as this was allowed and quite common prior to the 9-11 tragidy.  People traveled the Caribbean as I did and through Canada and Mexico.  Ther used to only be required a "Declaration of Citizenship" to pass the border.  They would ask you "Are you a US Citizen? and you would repley "Yes" or state "I'm a US Citizen, I live at XYZ" and they would let you pass freely.

        Then came a day when I tried to reenter the USA from Mexico and was denied. I was virtually stateless, money running out.. unable to work in MX and so on.  When my MX tourist card expired, I walked to the middle of the international bridge in 'no mans land' and slept there for 3 days, before I could reenter mexico and obtain another 90 day tourist pass.  I was sustained by some friends on both sides during this period.

        Finally, someone had heard in some book about the WSA and looked up the address for me and I requested the information.  I have belonged ever since.

        Most of us, as members of WSA, are active in different ways.  In how we vote on different legislations, through lobbying and by supporting most UN programs.  If you mean how many clubs are in different cities with regular meetings and so on, I dont really know of any except in Wash D.C.

        Unfortunately, the USA seems to be rather against many things the UN stands for when it conflicts with our National interests.  Remember we went against UN opinion and promoted the war on Iraq and Afganistan.  President Bush declared, the US would not allow some third world countries to dictate US Policy.

        Therefore, the USA is not too keen on the WSA in general and does not recognize the World Passport as truly a government document.  It did not help me get back from Mexico.  I found other means.  BUT I am sold on what the WSA stands for and remain a member!

        I try to share what I know and my experiences with others like yourself who are of the same mind on world government.  If you do a search on world government on the web, you will find lots, as well as other organizations doing some things in that direction.  I think you will find that the WSA is the oldest and the one group doing the most overall so far.

        You might consider trying to find others in your area interested in world government like yourself, and maybe meet in your home or that of another to talk about it.  WSA has MANY documents and books of information, you might obtain and pass around to members of your group.  At http://www.worldgovernment.org/docindex.html there are some docs you can print out as well.  More info available here http://www.worldgovernment.org/def.html .  I would print and hand out the "Declaration of Human Rights" doc.
        look through all the pages of the site things are sometimes there that i have missed at first.

        I regret that I am not from the Cambridge/Boston area, I am in NM/AZ, but I would welcome any correspondence from you.

        Sincerely,

        Andrew

        Michael <offbeat1976@...> wrote:
[...]

      • Gary Shepherd
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 13, 2006

          In all fairness, I think it is important to point out to new people like Michael that there are, in fact, a large number of organizations other than the WSA that also promote the idea of world government/world citizenship. A partial list of these organizations (and contact information for them) is available on the website of the Coalition for Democratic World Government, located at http://www.cdwg.org/home.htm  The CDWG also sponsors the publication which I edit, United World, a bi-monthly magazine which attempts to cover the entire movement. I am relatively certain that at least one of these organizations would have a branch in the Cambridge area.

          Gary K. Shepherd

          Government Documents

          Morris Library, SIU

          Carbondale, IL 62901

          (618) 536-2163

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 25, 2006
            mr michel i agreeeee lets do it.

            we have the passports and IDs of WSA, also we have als IDs of world gurads.

            lets educate others about it, by the way i runn a business call MLM, all of us thousands in asia and middle east are fedup of our govenments and human rights violations, lets do it in a peicful way ,( education and Guru type) way then i promisse you i sign up thausand in a snow ball type of growth, i can do same here.

            its an upportunity noe for me to invite you to attend my big event in indonesia as watchers only, and if you like learners, then we meet after that to plan how to make World govenment stronger.\

            but keep in mind every body need others to succeed , and i lack knowledge about the UN resolotions about human rights and such.

            plz hand in hand we can do some thing , my experience in networking and making money, then some body knowledge about WSA.

            DR M