Re: [WorldCitizen] Re: nuclear-petroleum power

  • stephen callahan
    Message 1 of 126 , Aug 1 7:57 AM
      1)the u.s. has uranium reserves sufficient to supply
      our electricity needs for 50,000 yrs.
      2)petroleum reserves are debatable but the range of
      the debate is hundreds of years vs. thousands of
      years. at any rate there is no debate about coal- for
      all practical purposes it might as well be considered
      infinite.
      3)wind, solar,geothermal etc. are all good but they
      are highly limited for one reason or another.
      4)the energy "problem" is a question of political will
      not one of engineering or science.
      5)ALWAYS ask yourself "WHO PROFITS?".

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Maria Reina
      Message 126 of 126 , Nov 10, 2005

        U.S. JOINED RESOLUTION A/C.3/60/L.28

        Dear Friends

        The United States has joined with other nations in a consensus statement on the resolution calling for one additional week of negotiations next year. We would like to thank U.S. officials for their support of  the United Nations Disability  Convention process and extend our appreciation to those of you  who took the time to encourage the U.S. government to adopt this  position.

        Maria Veronica Reina
        Center for International Rehabilitation
        1900 L Street NW, Suite 500
        Washington, DC 20036