Re: 389 / masters / egalitarianism / SD2

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 126 , May 24, 2005
      --"Spandana Suddapalli" wrote:

      >SS: Mark, You're writing as if we DON'T have a social hierarchy and
      one needs to be CREATED. But we DO have a social hierarchy, and the
      one we have is based primarily on the ECONOMIC hierarchy we have, and
      secondarily on the POLITICAL hierarchy it manipulates. To see this,
      ask "WHO are the people we can both be sure we know something about?"
      Those are the people at the top of our social hierarchy, which is
      primarily a hierarchy of FAME.{...} Sometimes they tell us which
      qualities they think they have that they attribute their wealth and
      power and glamor to. We're supposed to strive to embody those
      qualities.

      -M: Yes, a legitimate social hierarchy needs to be CREATED to COMPETE
      with this illegitimate hierarchy.

      >SS: It is not possible to analyze social power without first
      distinguishing it from economic and political power, and then asking
      what the relationships are among the three. Richard Duffee

      -M: Richard, analyzing social power is not my main concern, my main
      concern is creating legitimate social power.

      -Shanti
      -Mark Rosst
      -Seattle WA USA http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sd-2
    • Maria Reina
      Message 126 of 126 , Nov 10, 2005

        U.S. JOINED RESOLUTION A/C.3/60/L.28

        Dear Friends

        The United States has joined with other nations in a consensus statement on the resolution calling for one additional week of negotiations next year. We would like to thank U.S. officials for their support of  the United Nations Disability  Convention process and extend our appreciation to those of you  who took the time to encourage the U.S. government to adopt this  position.

        Maria Veronica Reina
        Center for International Rehabilitation
        1900 L Street NW, Suite 500
        Washington, DC 20036