Re: Citizenship?

  • dracosnwo
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 28, 2004
      --- In WorldCitizen@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Hunt" <mailbox@m...>
      wrote:
      > An interesting post, Mike.
      >
      > I wonder what can stop extremists from working 'from the top' of
      the Government? Everything you have written was true of Nazi Germany
      during the rise of Adolf Hitler. When the Reichstag was attacked by
      terrorists, it allowed Hitler to push through a whole bunch of
      restrictive 'anti-terrorist' laws which allowed him to imprison his
      political opponents without trial, indefinitely.

      > Coincidentally, or perhaps not, this has also happened in USA
      since the 11th September attacks. George W Bush, although nominally
      heading up a non-religious secular state, makes no secret of
      his 'born-again Christian' ideologies, along with just about
      everyone else in his administration. So far he has used this
      ideology to push an invasion of the only oil-rich secular Arab
      state, leaving untouched the seat of extremist Islam - Saudi Arabia,
      which suffers no pressure from the Americans - not political, nor
      military, nor economic. In this way, he would appear to be
      SUPPORTING extremism, from the top, whilst at the same time
      restricting civil liberties at home. America of course also supports
      the segregationist policies of Zionism, as it supported the
      Apartheid regime in South Africa at the time, both extremist, racist
      ideologies. The extremists have not been shunned, because they are
      actually in power!

      > It would seem to me that without any checks on who is DEFINING
      what is extreme and what is not, extremism can happily flourish in
      power, whilst 'selling itself' as Conservatism.

      > This is a problem which needs to be overcome if World Government
      is ever to arise. Perhaps Beer's Team Syntegrity provides the answer?