Re: [WorldCitizen] Using WSA(R) passports

  • Oluwagbemiga
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 28, 2003

      Good to hear the message sent by this guy to WSA family but the unfortunate things giving me much concern is that"USA immigration and consular which was country issuing the passport even refuse to recognise and the passport was issued in there coumtry POOR THEM
      Patrick <patrickalo@...> wrote:
      Dear All,

      I am one of the WSA Passport holders, in february 2003 I tried to use my passport to go around central america. ( From Costa Rica to El Salvador ).there's was no problem with the Costarican authority,I went thru all the procedure: check in, Exit visa from costa rica, my bag was in side the airplan..etc; I also had an Honduras visa in my passport
      then on my way into the airplane,as we all know there's always someone checking the passports after the boardingpass is cut. So I was stoped there by the Airline ( Grupo TACA ) inspector, asked my passport I show him my WSA passport and my other ID card from my home country, still He was not satisfy and He repeated, " Give me your passport " I told him that's the only passport I have.So He started telling me that the WSA was not a valid passport travel document, He even called the immigration officers and told them the samething, So the officers decided to detain me so that they investigate the document, the exit visa and the Honduran visa I had in the passport.that happened around 10 :30' am and the plane was taking off at 11:10 am. So while waiting at the immigration post, the inspector ask to bring down my bags from the airplane.They came back to me, I mean  the Airline Inspector and the immigration officers, they came after 3 and half hours which was 1:30 or 2:00 pm..If I am not
      mistaken...Well to make this story short.They never let me travel with my passport even though I had an exit visa in my WSA passport by immigration of Costa Rica, the same ignorant immigration officer says in Spanish: " ES UN PASSAPORTE DE FANTASIA" means it's a fake passport,and the airline inspector insisted that the WSA is not valid passport, I told him If it is correct that my passport is not valid why did the immigration officer stamp it ( Exit visa) ? He could not answer, he started laughing.Also once I was refused a Visa by the Poland Ambassy..I had to talk to the Consul, but He said they can issue any visa this kind of passport. that was in SAN JOSE, COSTA RICA ( Ambassy of Poland ).
      Well, I also want to encourage all WSA passport holders, guys don't give up keep on trying because they were lots of guys here in latin america that traveled around central and south america with their WSA passports.

      Don't give up.

      Patrick"

      Moderator's Note:

      The IEV (exit visa) represents your right to leave any
      country. However, your ability to claim
      your right to travel elsewhere will depend upon whether an
      official at an embassy or frontier will respect your right
      to travel freely. If not, you may be refused a visa or
      denied "entry" and returned to where you came from.

      It's always important to try to obtain a visa from any
      country first to prove that your personal passport has been
      recognized.

      Please note that it is best to try to get a visa from any
      country (such as Togo, Tanzania, Zambia, Ivory Coast, Congo,
      Senegal, Mali, Tchad,Central African Republic, Guatemala,
      Panama, Dominican Republic, etc.). Once you have a visa from
      any easier to enter country (you do not have to travel
      there), it is usually easier to get visas from other more
      difficult to enter countries. Sometimes obtaining that
      first visa is the most difficult.

      Please note that no government can validly deny a visa
      unless they can show IN WRITING where it states in their
      national law that they cannot recognize SPECIFICALLY the
      WSA passport. Whatever a government does not expressly
      prohibit, it implicitly allows. And, even if a government
      can show a law, it must explain then how that law is in
      conformity with its universal human rights obligations to
      respect your right to freedom of travel. The only time a
      government can validly restrict the right to freedom of
      travel is if a traveler is committing a crime of moral
      turpitude (such as assault, bank fraud, extortion, or some
      other civil crime). Exercising a right to travel (even if
      the government does not WANT to recognize your document) is
      NOT a crime. However, governments have the power to deny a
      visa or entry to anyone--even if this violates your human
      rights.

      In violation of human rights, certain countries will refuse
      to allow both national and WSA passport holders to "enter"
      upon arrival (and sometimes even with a nationally issued
      visa from the embassy) because they discriminate against
      people from the developing world--i.e. from poorer
      countries--because they are concerned that the person
      claiming to come for a tourist visit is really coming to
      overstay the visa and take a job (which are actually
      universal human rights--to travel where you want and work
      where you want). They do not want you to bypass their
      pre-established immigration system.

      If your rights are being violated, please contact WSA's
      Legal Departemnt in writing to let us know what has
      happened so that we can try to obtain redress on your
      behalf. Please ask for a written statement as to why the
      official is refusing to respect your rights--where it
      states in their national law that they cannot recognize
      your documents. Get the official's name, time of day,
      date, description, and provide us with a detailed
      reproduction of the conversation that you had with the
      officials.

      Please note that a refusal to respect your human rights or
      to recognize your passport does not diminish the validity
      of your rights or of your WSA passport.

      When you do obtain visa, entry and/or exit stamps, PLEASE
      IMMEDIATELY make a clear photocopy of the visa and of your
      information page of your passport and mail them to the
      attention of WSA's Legal Department for your WSA file and
      for proof to other passport holders of the validity and
      recognition of the passport.

      Please keep us informed.

      Sincerely,

      WSA(R) Legal Department

      ---------------------------------

      "I have believed that the only way peace can be achieved is through world government" (Jawaharal Nehru)

      For more information: www.worldservice.org and info@...

      Do you Yahoo!?
      Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
    • adewale sherifu
      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 30, 2003

        slt Patrick, c'est sherif est ce que tu peux me traduire ce texte en français,s'il te plait

        adewale sherif

        p.o.box:03bp3414abidjan03

        MERCI BEAUCOUPS

        Testez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail
      • Patrick
        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 2, 2003

          Cher Tous,

           Je suis l'un des supports de passeport de WSA et J’en possede aussi ; en février 2003 J'ai essayé de realiser un voyage avec  mon passeport de WSA vers l'Amérique centrale (de Costa Rica vers Honduras  et El Salvador).Au fait il n’ y avait  aucun problème avec l’immigration de Costa Rica ( Agents de Migration ), je suis passé par toute le procédure (Check In, visa de sortie du Costa Rica...etc)  mes bagages étaient deja dans l'avion.

          J'avais également un visa de Honduras dans mon passeport puis arriver devant  l'avion, pour embarquer, tel que nous le savons tous,avant d’entrer dans l’avion il y a toujours un personne qui vérifie les passeports après que les boardingpass soit coupés. Ainsi j'ai été stopé  là par l'inspecteur de ligne aérienne (Grupo TACA), il demanda mon passeport et je lui ai remit mon passeport de WSA et ma carte d'identité de mon pays d'origine, l’ inspecteur n’etait pas satisfait, et il répéta, "donnez moi votre passeport " moi lui ai dit que c’est le seul passeport que j’ai .Beuh, il a commencé à me dire que le passeport WSA n'était pas un document valide de voyage, donc c’est un faux passeport, il a même appelé les officiers d'immigration et leur a expliquer le cas en leur disant que le passeport dont j’utile est faux et qu’il etait surpris de voir un visa de sortie et celle de Honduras dans ce genre de passeport, ainsi les officiers décidèrent de me détenir  de sorte qu'ils étudient le document, le visa de sortie et le visa hondurien que j'avais dans mon WSA passport. Il etait 10 :30’ lorsqu’ils m’ont detenu et l'avion décollait à 11:10’.Pendant que j’etais dans la salle de detention (cachot) l'inspecteur ordonna de faire de descendre mes bagages de l'avion.Ils sont revenu me voir dans la salle de detention ou j’etais, donc l'inspecteur de ligne aérienne et les officiers d'immigration, après  3 d'heures et demi, c’etait deja 13:30.Au fait  pour simplifier l’histoire.Ils m’ont pas laissé voyager avec mon WSA passeport quoique j'ai eu un visa de sortie dans mon passeport , le même officier d'immigration ignorant qu’il etait, commencer de dire en l'Espagnol :  "ES UN PASSAPORTE DE FANTASIA" donc il disait : C’est un faux passeport ...,et l'inspecteur de ligne aérienne a insisté sur le fait que le WSA est un passeport inadmissible, je lui ai dit, s'il est vrai que le WSA passeport soit inadmissible pourquoi l’'agent d'immigration avait il mit dedans le visa de sortie ?... Il ne pourrait pas répondre, il a commencé de rire en se moquant de moi.Aussi une fois que j'étais refusé un visa par le consula de la Pologne..J’ai essayé de parler avec le consul, mais il disait qu'ils peuvent me donner un visa si seulement je veux utiliser le passeport de mon pays d’origine, pas dans ce genre de passeport (WSA) . Beuh, je veux également  vous encourager tous, parce qu'il y avait un bon nombre de gens ici en Amérique latine qui ont voyagé autour d'amérique avec leurs passeports de WSA.

          Download Yahoo! Messenger now for a chance to WIN Robbie Williams "Live At Knebworth DVD"
        • Patrick
          Message 4 of 15 , Dec 2, 2003

            Chers Amis,

[...]

            Courage les gars

            Patrick"

            *****************

[...]

          • lamarr rollins-el
            Message 5 of 15 , Dec 8, 2003
              Is there anyone out there who has used the passport
              and other WSA doucuments in the Dominican Rebublic?

              I wish to travel there soon and want to know what I am
              in store for.

              Solomon

              =====
              CLAIM YOUR FREE VACATION!!
              Go to: http://www.claimyourvacation.com
              Enter Claim Code: BK7223

              http://photos.yahoo.com/
            • Stephen Nkonu
              Message 6 of 15 , Dec 9, 2003
                yes someone has ever used it to travel there.
                the only thing is boldness and courage.u know , is
                not all the countries that accept the wsa but with
                positive mind u can make it.i wish u good luck and
                most essential is ur appearance and manarism count .
                good luck.
                stephen nkonu
                --- lamarr rollins-el <lamarrrollinsel@...>
                wrote:

                > Is there anyone out there who has used the passport
                > and other WSA doucuments in the Dominican Rebublic?
                >
                > I wish to travel there soon and want to know what I
                > am
                > in store for.
                >
                > Solomon
                >
                > =====
                > CLAIM YOUR FREE VACATION!!
                > Go to: http://www.claimyourvacation.com
                > Enter Claim Code: BK7223

                > http://photos.yahoo.com/

                http://photos.yahoo.com/
              • Aboubakar Sanou
                Message 7 of 15 , Dec 12, 2003
                  --- Patrick <patrickalo@...> a écrit : >
> [...]
                  > Spanish: " ES UN PASSAPORTE DE FANTASIA" means it's
                  > a fake passport,and the airline inspector insisted
                  > that the WSA is not valid passport, I told him If it
                  > is correct that my passport is not valid why did the
                  > immigration officer stamp it ( Exit visa) ? He could
                  > not answer, he started laughing.Also once I was
                  > refused a Visa by the Poland Ambassy..I had to talk
                  > to the Consul, but He said they can issue any visa
                  > this kind of passport. that was in SAN JOSE, COSTA
                  > RICA ( Ambassy of Poland ).
                  > Well, I also want to encourage all WSA passport
                  > holders, guys don't give up keep on trying because
                  > they were lots of guys here in latin america that
                  > traveled around central and south america with their
                  > WSA passports.
                  >
                  > Don't give up.
                  >
                  > Patrick"
                  >
                  >BONJOUR PATRICK JE ME NOMME ABBASS .J AIS RECU TON
                  MESSAGE EN FRANCAIS.CA M A BEAUCOUP ENCOURAGE.LES
                  AUTRES CORRESPONDANTS M ECRIVENT OR JE NE COMPREND PAS
                  L ANGLAIS.JE SUIS INTERRESSE POUR LE PASSEPORT MAIS VU
                  TEMOIGNAGE CE PASSEPORT NE M INSPIRE PAS
                  CONFIANCE.PEUT TU M AIDER ENTRADUISANT MES MESSAGES.

                • mojeed adekunle
                  Message 8 of 15 , May 3, 2004
                    thanks for the courage. have been received mail from
                    everytime but i dont knoe how they get intouch with me
                    i mean how they knoe my mail.
                    and to know how get the wsa passport
                    thanks lanre

                    --- Stephen Nkonu <hishandsus@...> wrote:
                    > yes someone has ever used it to travel there.
                    > the only thing is boldness and courage.u know , is
                    > not all the countries that accept the wsa but with
                    > positive mind u can make it.i wish u good luck and
                    > most essential is ur appearance and manarism count .
                    > good luck.
                    > stephen nkonu
                    > --- lamarr rollins-el <lamarrrollinsel@...>
                    > wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Is there anyone out there who has used the
                    > passport
                    > > and other WSA doucuments in the Dominican
                    > Rebublic?
                    > >
                    > > I wish to travel there soon and want to know what
                    > > am
                    > > in store for.
                    > >
                    > > Solomon
                    > >
                    > > =====
                    > > CLAIM YOUR FREE VACATION!!
                    > > Go to: http://www.claimyourvacation.com
                    > > Enter Claim Code: BK7223

                    > > http://photos.yahoo.com/

                    > http://photos.yahoo.com/

                    > "I have believed that the only way peace can be
                    > achieved is through world government" (Jawaharal
                    > Nehru)
                    >
                    > For more information: www.worldservice.org and
                    > info@...
                    >

                    > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
                    > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                  • Chris Onyenaka
                    Message 9 of 15 , May 4, 2004

                      Hello Mojeed,
                        It is pretty easy to get the passport. U go to the website then pay through wire transfer.
                        Fill the form there and send along. It takes about 8 weeks to process.
                         Thanks
                          Chris
                      mojeed adekunle <lanz900@...> wrote:
                      thanks for the courage. have been received mail from
                      everytime but i dont knoe how they get intouch with me
                      i mean how they knoe my mail.
                      and to know how get the wsa passport
                      thanks lanre

                      --- Stephen Nkonu <hishandsus@...> wrote:
                      > yes someone has ever used it to travel there.
                      > the only thing is boldness and courage.u know , is
                      > not all the countries that accept the wsa but with
                      > positive mind u can make it.i wish u good luck and
                      > most essential is ur appearance and manarism count .
                      > good luck.
                      > stephen nkonu
                      > --- lamarr rollins-el <lamarrrollinsel@...>
                      > wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Is there anyone out there who has used the
                      > passport
                      > > and other WSA doucuments in the Dominican
                      > Rebublic?
                      > >
                      > > I wish to travel there soon and want to know what
                      > > am
                      > > in store for.
                      > >
                      > > Solomon
                      > >
                      > > =====
                      > > CLAIM YOUR FREE VACATION!!
                      > > Go to: http://www.claimyourvacation.com
                      > > Enter Claim Code: BK7223

                      > > http://photos.yahoo.com/

                      > http://photos.yahoo.com/

                      > "I have believed that the only way peace can be
                      > achieved is through world government" (Jawaharal
                      > Nehru)
                      >
                      > For more information: www.worldservice.org and
                      > info@...

                      > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
                      > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                      "I have believed that the only way peace can be achieved is through world government" (Jawaharal Nehru)

                      For more information: www.worldservice.org and info@...

                      Do you Yahoo!?

                    • ssto3670
                      Message 10 of 15 , Jun 30, 2009
                        --- In WorldCitizen@yahoogroups.com, "wsahq_theglobecom" <legal@...> wrote:

                        > All WSA(R) Passport holders are encouraged to request visas at the
                        > embassies or consulates of the countries to which they want to travel
                        > prior to traveling. If one is refused, this human rights violation
                        > should be reported to the WSA's Legal Department in order to demand
                        > redress.
                        >
                        > World Citizen Forum Moderator

                      • ebenodaisy
                        Message 11 of 15 , Jul 10, 2009
                          --- In WorldCitizen@yahoogroups.com, "ssto3670" <ssto3670@...> wrote:

                          > --- In WorldCitizen@yahoogroups.com, "wsahq_theglobecom" <legal@> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > All WSA(R) Passport holders are encouraged to request visas at the
                          > > embassies or consulates of the countries to which they want to travel
                          > > prior to traveling. If one is refused, this human rights violation
                          > > should be reported to the WSA's Legal Department in order to demand
                          > > redress.
                          > >
                          > > World Citizen Forum Moderator

                          It is quite contentious to expect most embassies of countries to accept or deny visa requests without just cause. The reason is not far-fetched, as most officials are carrier diplomats who execute home government policies without any discretions. WSA cannot, therefore, imply any vicarious steps in this regard, my very best opinion, is to review the legitimacy of previous communications with each country on case-by-case basis, and intimate that findings with passport holders, in order to allay their fears, particularly in a changing World such as we live in right now. Albert Einstein, clearly defines, the intensity of conducting acid tests, and the evolving results with several trials, i learnt back in my high school days, with empirical observations, such as we are trying to induce, and apply in this situation. No harm in trials.
                          ebenodaisy
                        • Andres Espino
                          Message 12 of 15 , Jul 14, 2009
                            The basis for redress is that most nations signed into the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights of which one Article states the Right of Freedom Of Travel without restriction.  This does not mean "right of residency anywhere" which is a separate issue.

                            Since it is one Human Right generally most disregarded, it is the first to be challenged.  Based on the Declaration, every country should at least honor it by granting a transit visa or tourist visa for a limited number of days.

                            Regards,

                            Andrew

                            > > All WSA(R) Passport holders are encouraged to request visas at the
                            > > embassies or consulates of the countries to which they want to travel
                            > > prior to traveling. If one is refused, this human rights violation
                            > > should be reported to the WSA's Legal Department in order to demand
                            > > redress.
                            > >
                            > > World Citizen Forum Moderator

                            It is quite contentious to expect most embassies of countries to accept or deny visa requests without just cause. The reason is not far-fetched, as most officials are carrier diplomats who execute home government policies without any discretions. WSA cannot, therefore, imply any vicarious steps in this regard, my very best opinion, is to review the legitimacy of previous communications with each country on case-by-case basis, and intimate that findings with passport holders, in order to allay their fears, particularly in a changing World such as we live in right now. Albert Einstein, clearly defines, the intensity of conducting acid tests, and the evolving results with several trials, i learnt back in my high school days, with empirical observations, such as we are trying to induce, and apply in this situation. No harm in trials.
                            ebenodaisy

                          • James F. Newell
                            Message 13 of 15 , Jul 17, 2009
                              I personally would like to see free migration, so that anyone could move to any other nation he or she wished, and upon establishing residence, would become a citizen of that nation. Then, of course, if she or he wished, she or he could move on to a third country, or a fourth, etc.

                              Jim