A Pilgrim's Christmas in Infanta

  • WorldBackpackers.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5 3:34 PM
      The World Backpackers Newsletter

      #45, December 6 2006

      In the spirit of the season: a Christmas travel story! Tatine Faylona sent in a second travel story which narrates about her experiences as a volunteer in Infanta, Philippines, around Christmas time. Here's an excerpt of 'A Pilgrim's Christmas in Infanta':

      -----

      I believe that backpacking is a way of seeing extraordinary beauty in ordinary places. To see beauty that is visible is always quite an experience, but to see beauty amidst devastation – that is hope.

      Infanta, Quezon – a paradise to many – was visited by a strong typhoon last December 2004. Time stood still for many as catastrophic mudslides ruined lives. Infanta has always been on my Philippines-backpacking list. That year, however, I felt called to do a different kind of backpacking and volunteered to help in relief operations.

      -----

      The full story can be found at http://www.worldbackpackers.net/stories/pilgrim-christmas-infanta.html.

      Kind regards,

      James Mostert
      info@...
      World Backpackers .net - by & for the Independent Traveller!
      Fuzzy Travel Blogs - for your free online travel journal!