Re: bold faced liar ...no one says nothing

  • jobless in michigan
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 30, 2009
      more lies and spin....just wait until the bush cuts expire...thats when the middle class disappeares

      http://finance.yahoo.com/news/INSIDE-WASHINGTON-Rude-apf-15091434.html?.v=1

      WASHINGTON (AP) -- Millions of Americans enjoying their small windfall from President Barack Obama's "Making Work Pay" tax credit are in for an unpleasant surprise next spring.

      The government is going to want some of that money back.

      The tax credit is supposed to provide up to $400 to individuals and $800 to married couples as part of the massive economic recovery package enacted in February. Most workers started receiving the credit through small increases in their paychecks in the past month.

      But new tax withholding tables issued by the IRS could cause millions of taxpayers to get hundreds of dollars more than they are entitled to under the credit, money that will have to be repaid at tax time.

      At-risk taxpayers include a broad swath of the public: married couples in which both spouses work; workers with more than one job; retirees who have federal income taxes withheld from their pension payments and Social Security recipients with jobs that provide taxable income.

      The Internal Revenue Service acknowledges problems with the withholding tables but has done little to warn average taxpayers.

      "They need to get the Goodyear blimp out there on this," said Tom Ochsenschlager, vice president of taxation for the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.

      For many, the new tax tables will simply mean smaller-than-expected tax refunds next year, IRS spokesman Terry Lemons said. The average refund was nearly $2,700 this year.

      But taxpayers who calculate their withholding so they get only small refunds could face an unwelcome tax bill next April, said Jackie Perlman, an analyst with the Tax Institute at H&R Block.

      "They are going to get a surprise," she said
    • SHADOW Kamen
      Message 2 of 5 , May 2, 2009
        I have no doubt that he will cause plenty of trouble for us.  He's apparently determined to drive out what little U.S.-based business is left.

        Please send offgroup messages to info_servo@... . You will get a faster response.

        GIF Wars:
        http://shadowkamen.tripod.com/

        My groups:

        From: David
        To: World-wide_Politics@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: [World-wide_Politics] Re: bold faced liar ...no one says nothing
        Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 16:04:09 -0000

        You mean Obama isn't the awaited messiah, just another two faced
        politician who will cause hyper inflation, more job losses, greater
        transfer of jobs to China and with his surge in Afghanistan hardly
        placate Muslims? Is he to punish greedy bankers? Is he to pursue
        torturers?

        Obama may cause more problems for the US than Osama

        --- In World-wide_Politics@yahoogroups.com, "SHADOW Kamen"
        wrote:

        > Presidents Bush and Obama and the 110th and 111th (Reid-Pelosi)
        > Congresses are to blame. They can all just go ahead and accept the blame
        > now, Democrat, Republican and "Independant" alike.
        >
        > Please send offgroup messages to info_servo@... . You will get a
        > faster response.
        >
        > GIF Wars:
        > http://shadowkamen.tripod.com/