WHY GUNS

  • terry mcintyre
    Message 1 of 21 , Dec 7, 2012
      [Moderator's Note: Rescued from the spam folder. der Hoaxster email group moderator (derhoaxster@...)]

      terry mcintyre WWP Member (terrymcintyre@...) That is very tragic. Over 1.5 million Americans every year do, and are glad of it. Would you deny them the right to defend themselves?

      Dennis Helbig WWP Member Baha'i investigator and carpenter (helbigdennis@...) This one had no guns to protect her.
      http://gma.yahoo.com/nurse-hoaxed-queens-call-found-dead-145123666--abc-news-topstories.html
    • derhoaxster
      Message 2 of 21 , Dec 7, 2012
        At one time, my life intersected with people I believe to have been Mexican
        organized crime members. Mexican organized crime operates in the US in many
        areas besides drugs and kidnappings.

        der Hoaxster email group moderator (derhoaxster@...) Many Mexicans
        have illegal guns. Handguns are the most common item smuggled from the US to
        Mexico. In an NPR interview with one of Mitt's Chihuahuan relatives, the
        relative discussed having been held for ransom by Mexican organized crime.
        After the ransom was paid and he was released He had used gringo type
        thinking in trying to obtain a legal firearm for defense. He was basically
        told to buy an illegal firearm like other Mexicans with money.

        Terry McIntyre WWP Poster <terrymcintyre@...> That is incorrect. Those
        things are the price we pay for not allowing people to defend themselves.

        Columbine High School and the Aurora High School were defense-free zones.

        Guns are used over 1.5 million times per year in America to defend people
        against crime.

        That is not a misprint.

        The most violent parts of America are those where ordinary people are
        prevented from defending themselves.

        In Mexico, where about 120,000 have been killed in the last six years, gun
        laws are stricter than they are just north of the border. Ordinary people
        are prevented from being able to shoot back.
      • Jude
        Message 3 of 21 , Dec 8, 2012
          Judy Garner SEIU Member former Cook County Democrat Party member and WWP Email member (jgtea@...) And remember who backs those Hispanic gangs, it is the uS no one else. All
          the weapons they have are all made here in the uS. And remember when bush
          with his cia got caught with plane loads of cocain? Bet you conviently
          forgot that and it is not just Mexicans but mostly Columbians.

          der Hoaxster email group moderator (derhoaxster@...) At one time, my life intersected with people I believe to have been Mexican

          Message 4 of 21 , Dec 8, 2012
            Judy Garner SEIU Member former Cook County Democrat Party member and WWP Email member (jgtea@...) Just how many Hispanics do you actually know Der? How many of them do you invite into your home to sup with you and chat? I am curious.

            der Hoaxster email group moderator (derhoaxster@...) This says Mexico had no laws against polygamy and that Porfirio Diaz
            welcomed the Mormons. I used to know a woman who was related to him.

            http://www.bluemountainshadows.org/Vol1/Mexic.PDF

[...]

            Terry McIntyre <terrymcintyre@...>

            Unix/Linux Systems Administration
            Taking time to do it right saves having to do it twice.

            Conner2or@... The "unknown author" below, Tony Passaro, and everyone
            else reading this post should understand that situations like the Aurora
            movie theater massacre, the Columbine High School killings, the
            Virginia Tech killings, and the many, many other incidents in the past, and
            the many, many more that will occur in the near future, are the price we
            have paid, and will continue to pay, for the right to bear arms.

            Tony Passaro (apassaro@...)
            Why a gun???

            My permit to carry a visible or concealed weapon is approved by the 2nd
            Amendment of the Constitution of the United States of America.

            Please take time to read this and pay particular attention to "A Little Gun
            History" about half way down.

            Why Carry a Gun??

            My old grandpa said to me "Grandson there comes a time in every man's life
            when he stops bustin' knuckles and starts bustin' caps.
            Usually this occurs when he becomes too old to take an ass whuppin'.!!

            I don't carry a gun to kill people.
            I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

            Police do not protect you from crime, they usually just investigate the
            crime after it happens and then call someone in to clean up the mess.

            Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
            an ass whoopin'.....author unknown (but obviously brilliant)
          • handreadered

              Message 6 of 21 , Dec 11, 2012
                Ed Campbell WWP Email Member (shes@...) The point is that if you have the "unrestricted" right to keep and bear arms then that must include the right to use them, and shoot them if they have the ability to be shot. Now if you restrict what may be shot, when it may be shot, underwhat circumstances it may be shot, literal interpretation clearly is these restrictions are offending the 2nd amendment and we have locked up and indeed, especially in Texas, executed prople who have exercised or tried to exercise their 2nd amendment rights. How do you answer that and preserve the unrestricted right to keep and bear arms? Its like telling a man you have a right to own a car but we are going to restrict your rightto use it, except that the car ownership isnot protected by the second amendment.

                Message 7 of 21 , Dec 11, 2012
                  Randist Bo7b aka Bob Wynman WWP Email Member who advocates the Marxist elements of Randism bobalou@...) At Tahoe, we have "tourist season", but the damn State still punishes folks who shoot them.

                  somthin' just ain't right.

                  --bob

                  Message 8 of 21 , Dec 11, 2012
                    Randist Bo7b aka Bob Wynman WWP Email Member who advocates the Marxist elements of Randism bobalou@...) There is no such thing as the right to violate the rights of another person. That idea makes the concept "rights" meaningless.

                    --bob

                      Message 10 of 21 , Dec 11, 2012
                        The Mennonites in Mexico have also been victims of organized crime.

                        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mennonites_in_Mexico

                        Judy Garner SEIU Member former Cook County Democrat Party member and WWP
                        Email member (jgtea@...) And remember who backs those Hispanic
                        gangs, it is the US no one else. All the weapons they have are all made
                        here in the us. And remember when bush with his CIA got caught with plane
                        loads of cocaine? Bet you conveniently forgot that and it is not just

                        Message 11 of 21 , Dec 12, 2012
                          Ed Campbell WWP Email Member (shes@...) Judy: Never counted. I think you may find a few on Facebook amongst my friends. I live alone, hate to cook because I have a very small kitchen, and do not invite anyone to my home to sup, unless they bring the food. I like many forms of hispanic foods, Caribian, Cuban, Bolivian, Spanish as well as Mexican, zo you can bring any form over.

                          Message 12 of 21 , Dec 12, 2012
                            Ed Campbell WWP Email Member (shes@...) But Bob

                            Who do you count as a person? Iget the strong impression from various postings on this list that not everyon is considered a person to have any rights. Which persons have rights not to be shot? Wouldthose rights extend to rights under the 14th Amendment? Could the rights extend to citizenship? Isn't there any free game out there (besides tourist season)?

                            Message 13 of 21 , Dec 12, 2012
                              OK. So there are some limitations on constitutional rights that are not written in the constitutioo. Can I point an automatic weapon fully loaded at your nose just so long as I don't touch it? Can I shoot you if I stand ten feet away? I am just trying to find out where these unwritten limitations on the right to bear arms end. How about it I just shoot your child in a stroller? What if my gun ccidentally discharges while I am waiving it around to assert my second amandment rights and shoots your child in a stroller?

                              Message 14 of 21 , Dec 12, 2012
                                Randist Bo7b aka Bob Wynman WWP Email Member who advocates the Marxist elements of Randism bobalou@...) We like the old minstrel song:

                                "You're always welcome at my house;
                                Come after breakfast,
                                bring your own lunch
                                and leave before suppertime."

                                & I QUIT EATIN' COOKED & PROCESSED FOOD IN 1990.

                                --bob