Re: |World-Wide_Politics| WHY GUNS

  • Dennis
    Message 1 of 21 , Dec 7, 2012
      Dennis Helbig WWP Member Baha'i investigator and carpenter (helbigdennis@...) This one had no guns to protect her.
      http://gma.yahoo.com/nurse-hoaxed-queens-call-found-dead-145123666--abc-news-topstories.html

      --- In World-wide_Politics@yahoogroups.com, terry mcintyre <terrymcintyre@...> wrote:

      > terry mcintyre WWP Poster <terrymcintyre@...> That is incorrect. Those things are the price we pay for not allowing people to defend themselves.�
      >
      > Colombine High School and the Aurora High School were defense-free zones.�
      >
      > Guns are used over 1.5 million times per year in America to defend people against crime.�
      >
      > That is not a misprint.�
      >
      > The most violent parts of America are those where ordinary people are prevented from defending themselves.�
      >
      > In Mexico, where about 120,000 have been killed in the last six years, gun laws are stricter than they are just north of the border. Ordinary people are prevented from being able to shoot back.�
      >
      > Terry McIntyre <terrymcintyre@...>
      >

      > Unix/Linux Systems Administration
      > Taking time to do it right saves having to do it twice.
      >

      > Conner2or@... The "unknown author" below, Tony Passaro, and� everyone else reading this� post should understand that situations like the� Aurora movie theater� massacre, the Columbine High School killings, the Virginia� Tech killings, and the� many, many other incidents in the past, and the many,� many more that will� occur in the near future, are the price we have paid, and� will continue to pay, for the right to bear arms.�
      >
      > �
      > tony passaro (apassaro@...)
      > Why a gun???
      >

      > My permit to carry a� visible or concealed weapon is approved by the
      > 2nd Amendment of the� Constitution of the United States of America.!!!
      >
      > Please take time to� read this and pay particular attention to "A Little Gun History" about half� way down.
      >
      > Why Carry a Gun??
      >
      > My old grandpa said to me "Grandson� there comes a time in every man's life when he stops bustin' knuckles and� starts bustin' caps.
      > Usually this occurs when he becomes too old to take an� ass whuppin'.!!
      >
      > I don't carry a gun to kill people.
      > I carry a gun to� keep from being killed.!
      >

      > Police do not protect you from crime, they� usually just investigate the crime after it happens and then call someone� in to clean up the mess.!
      >
      > Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too� young to die and too old to
      > take an ass whoopin'.....author unknown (but� obviously brilliant)

    • der Hoaxster
      Message 2 of 21 , Dec 7, 2012
        Many Mexicans have illegal guns. Handguns are the most common item smuggled from the US to Mexico. In an NPR interview with one of
        Mitt's Chihuahuan relatives, the relative discussed having been held for ransom by Mexican organized crime. After the ransom was
        paid and he was released He had used gringo type thinking in trying to obtain a legal firearm for defense. He was basically told to
        buy an illegal firearm like other Mexicans with money.

        Terry McIntyre WWP Poster <terrymcintyre@...> That is incorrect. Those things are the price we pay for not allowing people to
        defend themselves.

        Columbine High School and the Aurora High School were defense-free zones.

[...]

      • terry mcintyre
        Message 3 of 21 , Dec 7, 2012
          [Moderator's Note: Rescued from the spam folder. der Hoaxster email group moderator (derhoaxster@...)]

          terry mcintyre WWP Member (terrymcintyre@...) That is very tragic. Over 1.5 million Americans every year do, and are glad of it. Would you deny them the right to defend themselves?

          Dennis Helbig WWP Member Baha'i investigator and carpenter (helbigdennis@...) This one had no guns to protect her.
          http://gma.yahoo.com/nurse-hoaxed-queens-call-found-dead-145123666--abc-news-topstories.html
        • Jude
          Message 4 of 21 , Dec 7, 2012
            Judy Garner SEIU Member former Cook County Democrat Party member and WWP Email member (jgtea@...) And most of these guns illegal are made in the uS. Not all are hand guns
            either.

            der Hoaxster email group moderator (derhoaxster@...) Many Mexicans have illegal guns. Handguns are the most common item smuggled

            Message 5 of 21 , Dec 7, 2012
              Randist Bo7b aka Bob Wynman WWP Email Member who advocates the Marxist elements of Randism bobalou@...) Obviously, the statement, correctly printed is: ".... the price we have paid, and will continue to pay, for VIOLATING the right of the victims to bear arms.".

              Was that a typo or a demonstration of ignorance?

              --bob

              tony passaro WWP Poster (apassaro@...) Why a gun???

              My permit to carry a visible or concealed weapon is approved by the
              2nd Amendment of the Constitution of the United States of America.!!!

              Please take time to read this and pay particular attention to "A Little
              Gun History" about half way down.

              Why Carry a Gun??

              My old grandpa said to me "Grandson there comes a time in every man's life
              when he stops bustin' knuckles and starts bustin' caps.
              Usually this occurs when he becomes too old to take an ass whuppin'.!!

              I don't carry a gun to kill people.
              I carry a gun to keep from being killed.!

              Police do not protect you from crime, they usually just investigate the
              crime after it happens and then call someone in to clean up the mess.!

              Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to
              take an ass whoopin'.....author unknown (but obviously brilliant)

              All things are possible, except skiing through a revolving door...or nailing jelly to a tree.

              I heartily accept the motto, -- "That government is best which governs least"; and I should like to see it acted up to more rapidly and systematically. Carried out, it finally amounts to this, which also I believe, -- "That government is best which governs not at all"; and when men are prepared for it, that will be the kind of government which they will have. -- Henry David Thoreau
              1883-1970, Author of "Think and Grow Rich"
              --bob & lou
            • terry mcintyre
              Message 6 of 21 , Dec 7, 2012
                terry mcintyre WWP Member <terrymcintyre@...>
                Just love your drive-by falsehoods, don't you? Mexican drug lords import from all over the world, and Mexicans buy illegal guns which are not available in the United States. See below.

                http://www.armedfemalesofamerica.com/content/EkFyAkZElFDSBAXykb.html

                Message 7 of 21 , Dec 7, 2012
                  At one time, my life intersected with people I believe to have been Mexican
                  organized crime members. Mexican organized crime operates in the US in many
                  areas besides drugs and kidnappings.

                  Message 8 of 21 , Dec 8, 2012
                    Judy Garner SEIU Member former Cook County Democrat Party member and WWP Email member (jgtea@...) And remember who backs those Hispanic gangs, it is the uS no one else. All
                    the weapons they have are all made here in the uS. And remember when bush
                    with his cia got caught with plane loads of cocain? Bet you conviently
                    forgot that and it is not just Mexicans but mostly Columbians.

                    der Hoaxster email group moderator (derhoaxster@...) At one time, my life intersected with people I believe to have been Mexican

                    Message 9 of 21 , Dec 8, 2012
                      Judy Garner SEIU Member former Cook County Democrat Party member and WWP Email member (jgtea@...) Just how many Hispanics do you actually know Der? How many of them do you invite into your home to sup with you and chat? I am curious.

                      der Hoaxster email group moderator (derhoaxster@...) This says Mexico had no laws against polygamy and that Porfirio Diaz
                      welcomed the Mormons. I used to know a woman who was related to him.

                      http://www.bluemountainshadows.org/Vol1/Mexic.PDF

                    • handreadered

                        Message 11 of 21 , Dec 11, 2012
                          Ed Campbell WWP Email Member (shes@...) The point is that if you have the "unrestricted" right to keep and bear arms then that must include the right to use them, and shoot them if they have the ability to be shot. Now if you restrict what may be shot, when it may be shot, underwhat circumstances it may be shot, literal interpretation clearly is these restrictions are offending the 2nd amendment and we have locked up and indeed, especially in Texas, executed prople who have exercised or tried to exercise their 2nd amendment rights. How do you answer that and preserve the unrestricted right to keep and bear arms? Its like telling a man you have a right to own a car but we are going to restrict your rightto use it, except that the car ownership isnot protected by the second amendment.

                          Message 12 of 21 , Dec 11, 2012
                            Randist Bo7b aka Bob Wynman WWP Email Member who advocates the Marxist elements of Randism bobalou@...) At Tahoe, we have "tourist season", but the damn State still punishes folks who shoot them.

                            somthin' just ain't right.

                            --bob

                            Message 13 of 21 , Dec 11, 2012
                              Randist Bo7b aka Bob Wynman WWP Email Member who advocates the Marxist elements of Randism bobalou@...) There is no such thing as the right to violate the rights of another person. That idea makes the concept "rights" meaningless.

                              --bob

                                Message 15 of 21 , Dec 11, 2012
                                  The Mennonites in Mexico have also been victims of organized crime.

                                  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mennonites_in_Mexico

                                  Judy Garner SEIU Member former Cook County Democrat Party member and WWP
                                  Email member (jgtea@...) And remember who backs those Hispanic
                                  gangs, it is the US no one else. All the weapons they have are all made
                                  here in the us. And remember when bush with his CIA got caught with plane
                                  loads of cocaine? Bet you conveniently forgot that and it is not just

                                  Message 16 of 21 , Dec 12, 2012
                                    Ed Campbell WWP Email Member (shes@...) Judy: Never counted. I think you may find a few on Facebook amongst my friends. I live alone, hate to cook because I have a very small kitchen, and do not invite anyone to my home to sup, unless they bring the food. I like many forms of hispanic foods, Caribian, Cuban, Bolivian, Spanish as well as Mexican, zo you can bring any form over.

                                    Message 17 of 21 , Dec 12, 2012
                                      Ed Campbell WWP Email Member (shes@...) But Bob

                                      Who do you count as a person? Iget the strong impression from various postings on this list that not everyon is considered a person to have any rights. Which persons have rights not to be shot? Wouldthose rights extend to rights under the 14th Amendment? Could the rights extend to citizenship? Isn't there any free game out there (besides tourist season)?

                                      Message 18 of 21 , Dec 12, 2012
                                        OK. So there are some limitations on constitutional rights that are not written in the constitutioo. Can I point an automatic weapon fully loaded at your nose just so long as I don't touch it? Can I shoot you if I stand ten feet away? I am just trying to find out where these unwritten limitations on the right to bear arms end. How about it I just shoot your child in a stroller? What if my gun ccidentally discharges while I am waiving it around to assert my second amandment rights and shoots your child in a stroller?

                                        Message 19 of 21 , Dec 12, 2012
                                          Randist Bo7b aka Bob Wynman WWP Email Member who advocates the Marxist elements of Randism bobalou@...) We like the old minstrel song:

                                          "You're always welcome at my house;
                                          Come after breakfast,
                                          bring your own lunch
                                          and leave before suppertime."

                                          & I QUIT EATIN' COOKED & PROCESSED FOOD IN 1990.

                                          --bob