PdL blames centre left for Monti's govt's mistakes

  • insubria87
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 7, 2012
      Insubria Italian American Eurocentrist (insubria87@...) PdL blames centre left for Monti's govt's mistakes
      Vote to upgrade Palestinian UN status the 'epilogue'
      07 December, 17:06

      Guarda la foto1 di 1

      (see related stories) (ANSA) - Rome, December 7 - Silvio Berlusconi's People of Freedom (PdL) party on Friday said the centre-left Democratic Party (PD) was responsible for the biggest mistakes made by Premier Mario Monti's government.

      "Some mistakes have been made by this government and the PD made them commit the main ones," said PdL Secretary Angelino Alfano after announcing his party considered the Monti administration to be finished.

      Alfano cited the example of the PD's pressure to soften a controversial reform of the labour market, which included measures to make it easier for firms to fire workers.

      He said the PD had acted upon a "diktat" from the left-wing CGIL union.

      Alfano also blasted the government's decision to vote in favour of the Palestinian authority being granted non-member observer status at the United Nations. "We took note of how some things haven't gone well and the epilogue of this government was the direction taken with Palestine, which has changed the direction of our foreign policy toward a road we don't like," he said.

      "We consider it a mistake and we attribute it to the negative conditioning of the Left".

      http://www.ansa.it/web/notizie/rubriche/english/2012/12/07/PdL-blames-centre-left-Monti-govt-mistakes_7919179.html