Jim on "Rowboat Situations"

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 6, 2012
      Randist Bo7b aka Bob Wynman WWP Email Member who advocates the Marxist elements of Randism bobalou@...) Have you considered why you might get that sort of picture in your head, Jim?

      Might it be the same reason that nearly everyone faced with the possibility of imagining the possibility of freedom and the responsibility that accompanies it nearly always invents "rowboat situations", dire emergencies & asks, "How will the greedy capitalist pigs in the free society handle this?". A favorite is the rowboat that'll only hold 5 people and there are 7 people aboard, or the MD witnessing a guy suffering from terminal cancer, a bursting aortic aneurysm and terrible acne falling from an air plane in a shark-infest ocean .. and there's a German U-boat surfacing & you're the MD & what do you do?".

      It occurs to me that folks create those sorts of pictures in reaction to the scary prospect of facing actual freedom due to several generations of State-controlled school and media indoctrination to the effect that the gun-run coercive State is somehow necessary to protect us all from emergencies and inconveniences in life ... and, of course from disease, suffering and death.

      Notice how well the State does that stuff, btw?

      --bob & lou

      Jim Reed WWP Member (Jreed62254@...) When I read about VS from Bob or Floyd , I get this picture in my head of a guy that had tripped and fallen over a cliff and was hanging on to a small branch that's about to snap. Then from above there's Ol'Bob & Floyd standing over me looking down at me and smiling at me saying, Well if you would have planned better you wouldn't be in this mess and you would have had a bit of rope with you, and I will help but the rope is 500.00 a foot and the labor is 1000.00 a minute.

      * In the interest of fairness any mention of liberals
      may not include all liberals or CB Hensler

      Paul Elliott WWP Member and sceptic of the pseudoscience known as Galambism (pelli8@...)
      BUT....
      As Paul (I think) pointed out, your explanation of "looting and price gouging" revealing a lack of understanding of the concept of "coercion" & "theft" means what?
      The point that you completely miss Bob is that those folks not understanding looting and price gouging is a lack of understanding of the concept of "coercion" & "theft" do not care one way or the other if they understand the concept .
      They just want to take your stuff.