You hear muffled whispers.

  • Lou & Bob Wynman
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 31, 2012

      This happened in England & I don't  doubt that it's happened here .... it's coming/.

      --bob

      From: Ron Blanchard <dakotarj@...>

      This is coming too our country, like it or not!
      Not quite like in Sanford, Fl., but the Rabble Rousers are here, stirring up the you know who!

      Very interesting…………….

      You're sound asleep when you hear a thump outside your bedroom door.
      Half-awake, and nearly paralyzed with fear,
      You hear muffled whispers.
      At least two people have broken into your
      House and are moving your way.
      With your heart pumping, you reach down
      Beside your bed and pick up your shotgun.
      You rack a shell into the chamber, then inch
      Toward the door and open it.
      In the darkness, you make out two shadows.
      One holds something that looks like a crowbar.
      When the intruder brandishes it as if to strike,
      You raise the shotgun and fire.
      The blast knocks both thugs to the floor.
      One writhes and screams while the second
      Man crawls to the front door and lurches outside.
      As you pick up the telephone to call police,
      You know you're in trouble.
      In your country, most guns were outlawed years
      Before, and the few that are privately owned
      Are so stringently regulated as to make them useless..
      Yours was never registered.
      Police arrive and inform you
      That the second burglar has died.
      They arrest you for First Degree Murder
      And Illegal Possession of a Firearm.
      When you talk to your attorney, he tells
      You not to worry: authorities will probably
      Plea the case down to manslaughter.
      "What kind of sentence will I get?" you ask.
      "Only ten-to-twelve years,"
      He replies, as if that's nothing.
      "Behave yourself, and you'll be out in seven."
      The next day, the shooting is the lead
      Story in the local newspaper.
      Somehow, you're portrayed as an eccentric
      Vigilante while the two men you shot
      Are represented as choirboys.
      Their friends and relatives can't find
      An unkind word to say about them..
      Buried deep down in the article, authorities acknowledge that both "victims" have been arrested numerous times.
      But the next day's headline says it all:
      "Lovable Rogue Son Didn't Deserve to Die."
      The thieves have been transformed from career criminals into Robin Hood-type pranksters..
      As the days wear on, the story takes wings.
      The national media picks it up,
      Then the international media.
      The surviving burglar
      Has become a folk hero.
      Your attorney says the thief is preparing
      To sue you, and he'll probably win.
      The media publishes reports that your home has been burglarized several times in the past and that you've been critical of local police for their lack
      Of effort in apprehending the suspects.
      After the last break-in, you told your neighbor
      That you would be prepared next time.
      The District Attorney uses this to allege
      That you were lying in wait for the burglars.
      A few months later, you go to trial.
      The charges haven't been reduced,
      As your lawyer had so confidently predicted.
      When you take the stand, your anger at
      The injustice of it all works against you..
      Prosecutors paint a picture of you
      As a mean, vengeful man.
      It doesn't take long for the jury to convict
      You of all charges.
      The judge sentences you to life in prison.
      This case really happened.
      On August 22, 1999, Tony Martin of Emneth, Norfolk , England , killed one burglar and wounded a second.
      In April, 2000, he was convicted
      and is now serving a life term...
      How did it become a crime to defend one's
      own life in the once great British Empire ?
      It started with the Pistols Act of 1903.
      This seemingly reasonable law forbade selling pistols to minors or felons and established that handgun sales were to be made only to those who had a license.
      The Firearms Act of 1920 expanded licensing to include not only handguns but all firearms except shotguns..
      Later laws passed in 1953 and 1967 outlawed the carrying of any weapon by private citizens and mandated the registration of all shotguns.
      Momentum for total handgun confiscation began in earnest after the Hungerford mass shooting in 1987.
      Michael Ryan, a mentally disturbed man with a Kalashnikov rifle, walked down the streets shooting everyone he saw.

      When the smoke cleared, 17 people were dead.

      The British public, already de-sensitized by eighty years of "gun control", demanded even tougher restrictions.
      (The seizure of all privately owned handguns was the objective even though Ryan used a rifle.)

      Nine years later, at Dunblane , Scotland ,
      Thomas Hamilton used a semi-automatic weapon to murder 16 children and a teacher at a public school.

      For many years, the media had portrayed all gun owners as mentally unstable, or worse, criminals.
      Now the press had a real kook with which to beat up law-abiding gun owners.
      Day after day, week after week, the media gave up all pretense of objectivity and demanded a total ban on all handguns.
      The Dunblane Inquiry, a few months later, sealed the fate of the few sidearms still owned by private citizens.

      During the years in which the British government incrementally took away most gun rights, the notion that a citizen had the right to armed self-defense came to be seen as vigilantism..
      Authorities refused to grant gun licenses to people who were threatened, claiming that self-defense was no longer considered a reason to own a gun.
      Citizens who shot burglars or robbers or rapists were charged while the real criminals were released.

      Indeed, after the Martin shooting, a police spokesman was quoted as saying,
      "We cannot have people
      take the law into their own hands."

      All of Martin's neighbors
      had been robbed numerous times,
      and several elderly people were severely injured
      in beatings by young thugs
      who had no fear of the consequences.
      Martin himself, a collector of antiques,
      had seen most of his collection
      trashed or stolen by burglars.

      When the Dunblane Inquiry ended,
      citizens who owned handguns
      were given three months to turn them over
      to local authorities.

      Being good British subjects,
      most people obeyed the law.
      The few who didn't were visited by police
      and threatened with ten-year prison sentences
      if they didn't comply.

      Police later bragged that they'd taken
      nearly 200,000 handguns from private citizens.

      How did the authorities know who had handguns?
      The guns had been registered and licensed.
      Kind of like cars. Sound familiar?

      WAKE UP AMERICA ;THIS IS WHY OUR FOUNDING FATHERS PUT THE SECOND AMENDMENT IN OUR CONSTITUTION.

      "...It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."
      --Samuel Adams

      If you think this is important,

      please forward to everyone you know.

      You had better wake up, because Obama and Hillary via the United Nations are trying to do this very same thing,
      over here,
      if they can get it done
      .

      And there are stupid people
      in congress
      and
      On the street
      that will go right along with them
      .

      If Congress can do whatever in their discretion can be done by money, and will promote the general welfare, the government is no longer a limited one possessing enumerated powers, but an indefinite one subject to particular exceptions.

      — James Madison, Letter to Edmund Pendleton [January 21, 1792]

      --bob & lou

    • Jude
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 2, 2012

        And you don’t mention the ones who have illegal guns either.  We might withstand our government invasion of our freedom.