Re: [World-wide_Politics] Mad dog

  • Cass Silva
    Message 1 of 42 , Jun 30, 2011
      Jude,
      a bit of advice - make sure your superannuation funds have not been invested in Europe and that you can access the full amount if you need to.  I made sure that mine were in a 'government guaranteed' fund.  Although the interest is lousy, I know that when the [CWD]hits the fan, my investment will be safe.   Thousands of people in Australia lost half their superannuation in the last crash.

      Cass

    • Jude
      Message 42 of 42 , Jul 5, 2011
        [Jude Garner <jgtea@...> WWP Member] And to answer you were in the US is doing so good? Not one of our states is doing fine financially either, but it is spread all over our country. So, what are you trying to compare here?

        ["J. Keen Holland" <OldPolitico@...> WWP Member] If you'd been following the financial press at all you would have been rading for a year or so about the problems of the "pigs" - Portugal, Ireland, Italy, Greece and Spain. Greece is 9on the worst shape and has gotten the lion's share of attention, esp. in the general media. All of the others are facing serious, but slightly les urgent problems. Part of the difficulty the healthier Euro-zone countries are having putting together a second Greek bailout package is the realization there will be nothing, or not enough, left to address the problems of the others - in which case, the Greek bailout will still not secore the position of the Euro. And, there are problems in Europe outside the Euro-zone, esp. Poland.

        ["Jude" <jgtea@...> WWP Member] OK, where in Europe is doing so bad these days? Spain is having a problem but not that bad a one yet, but where else and what about the EU? They are all one remember, so who exactly are you trying to dish? Seems to me you are dishing the entire EU nothing else.