Re: FW: Re: [World-wide_Politics] Barbi Twins Slam President Obama, Democrats Over Animal Rights Issues

  • Todd Priest
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 1, 2009
      Climb trees? Uh, any person that lets their cat climb trees is irresponsible since that would require the cat being off of a leash which is being an irresponsible owner. If you don't want an animal that may scratch and/or damage your furniture, it is simple. Don't buy a cat. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this out.

      If you buy a dog and it chews your shoe, are you going to de-tooth it? Good grief. Put some thought into this instead of typing the first thing that comes to your gerbil pinwheel brain.

      This wasn't meant to be a pissing contest but I see you are insisting it to be.

      http://www.humanesociety.org/animals/cats/facts/declawing.html

      Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 15:33:53
      From: Maeve Jones <ladymaeve@gmail. com>
      To:  <World-wide_Politics @yahoogroups. com>

           Tell me, why do you insist on asking stupid questions? Does it also hurt to be neutered or are you against that as well? On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 10:08 AM, Todd Priest < tampabbay99@ yahoo.com > wrote:

       From: Maeve Jones < ladymaeve@gmail. com >
      Subject: Re: [World-wide_ Politics] Barbi Twins Slam President Obama, Democrats Over Animal Rights Issues To: World-wide_Politics @yahoogroups. com
       Date: Monday, November 30, 2009, 7:44 AM

       I am basing it on animals behavior.  They behave no differently! They still use their paws as before!  You are humanizing animals. Something people do all the time.  But animals do not  think or feel the same as humans.

       So you think that cats don't mind having their toes lopped off? Did you ask the cat or are you just hoping they wouldn't mind? Lol!! No offense intended here by the way, just sayin'...
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 1, 2009
        You still have missd the point....but I see there is no reasoning with you, because you have gone a gooey and misty over **pets**.  I said they *can* climb trees (note I said declawed cats should remain indoors) cats are animals and can and do sneak out at times.

        As for dogs chewing shoes that is because the owner is lazy and doesn't bother to train their dogs (fyi I was a pro dog trainer for years).  And really, walking a cat on a leash?  Cats aren't dogs and as far as I know the only breed of cats that can be walked on a leash is a Siamese.

        From: Maeve Jones <ladymaeve@...>
        Subject: Re: FW: Re: [World-wide_Politics] Barbi Twins Slam President Obama, Democrats Over Animal Rights IssuesDate: Monday, November 30, 2009, 2:00 PM

        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 2, 2009
          I have seen Siamese hunt snakes as a pride. But, an argument over cats?

          When I was a kid, I tired to get cats to pull vehicles I made with my
          Erector set. They will spend their entire energy avoiding pulling anything
          as much as an inch.

          A good harness to walk cats would probable be like a strait jacket with
          holes for the legs. You could tow them then. Cats are particularly
          uncooperative.

          I have never heard anyone getting any work out of a cat except catching
          mice, squirrels, chipmunks, songbirds, and in the case of Siamese, snakes.

          I heard some songbird person on NPR a couple of years ago proposing a bounty
          for shooting outdoor cats. He claimed they are the major predator of rare
          songbirds. Some woman had been convicted of giving him death threats.

          My brother and my departed mother had quite a routine where he would pretend
          to mistreat cats and she would be genuinely outraged.

          [Maeve] ~And really, walking a cat on a leash? Cats aren't dogs and as far

          Scanned by iolo AntiVirus 1.5.8.3
          http://www.iolo.com
        • Maeve Jones