Berlusconi promises to cut property, VAT taxes within a week

  • insubria87
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2013

      Berlusconi promises to cut property, VAT taxes within a week

      Then back to the vote, former premier tells his MPs

      30 September, 19:17

      (ANSA) - Rome, September 30 - ''For the good of the country, within a week we will cancel the second IMU (property tax) payment, vote in favor of the stability law as long as it doesn't raise taxes, and cancel the VAT tax. We will then hold new elections, and we will win'', Silvio Berlusconi told MPs from his People of Freedom Party (PdL) on Monday.

      ''The ministers handed their resignations in to me two days ago'', the former premier explained. ''I then decided to accept those resignations, all on my own. They then went public because they were rightfully concerned. We are aiming for new elections, because we can't carry out real reform this way. We must remain united''.