WWII vet Delbert Belton, 88, beaten to death by black teens

  • Elyse
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 23, 2013
      Elyse Buongiorno WWP Invitee (USMCdaughter1@...) Welfare will just make more of them.

      Gary Beauregard aka Bear (beau@...) They really need to xxxx more of these callous little bastards.

      Don Divine WWP Email Member (d3869@...) An 88-year-old World War II veteran was brutally beaten and left for dead by two teens outside a lounge in Spokane, Washington, where he loved to go play pool.
    • Postherguy@...
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 23, 2013
        Post her Guy aka Judy Carter of Lincoln, Nebraska WWP Email Member (Postherguy@...) Are you trying to "insinuate" that this is some how linked to liberals?

        That's a very cheap trick.

        And highly dishonest.

        Don Divine WWP Email Member (d3869@...) WWII vet Delbert Belton, 88, beaten to death by teens in Spokane,
        Washington
        http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/23/us/world-war-vet-beating-death

        An 88-year-old World War II veteran was brutally beaten and left for dead
        by two teens outside a lounge in Spokane, Washington, where he loved to go
        play pool.

        The motive? Police don't have one. The teens appeared to have picked him
        at random, authorities say.

        Delbert Belton, a retired aluminum company worker, served in the Pacific.
        There, friends say, he took a bullet in the leg during the Battle of
        Okinawa.
        He survived that attack.

        But Wednesday night, Belton -- affectionately called "Shorty" by friends
        for his height -- headed to the Eagles Lodge where he was a regular.

        Police found him in the parking lot, with serious head injuries. He died
        Thursday.

        "It does appear random," Spokane police Lt. Mark Griffiths told reporters.
        "It appears he was assaulted in the parking lot and there was no
        indication that he would have known these people prior to the assault."

        It's the second time in a week that a seemingly random attack by teenagers
        has claimed a life.
        On August 16, a 23-year-old Australian baseball player attending college
        in Oklahoma was _gunned down in the town of Duncan_
        (http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/21/justice/australia-student-killed-oklahoma/index.html) .

        One of three teens police arrested in that shooting said they carried it
        out because "we were bored and didn't have anything to do."

        'All there is is bad news'

        The randomness of the two attacks was not lost on Ted Denison, who's been
        friends with Belton for a long time.

        "It's really depressing," Denison told CNN late Thursday night. "Seems
        that all there is is bad news."
        The two men met more than 20 years ago and worked on cars together.

        "We were mechanic buddies," the 42-year-old Denison said. "We just kind of
        kicked right along."
        But the friends also hung out together outside the garage.

        "We went dancing on Saturday nights," Denison said. "We went out to
        breakfast together."
        Belton stopped by the Eagles Lodge two or three times a week. He played
        pool, but by his own admission, wasn't too good at it.

        "He went up there and played pool, met with some of the guys he used to
        work with at Kaiser Aluminum," where he was employed more than 30 years,
        Denison said.

        His wife died several years ago. The WW II vet is survived by a son, 65.

        Waiting for a friend

        Wednesday night, Denison was outside the lodge waiting for a friend
        because he didn't want her to walk home alone, Lillian Duncan _told the
        Spokesman-Review_
        (http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2013/aug/22/two-teens-suspected-north-spokane-killing/) newspaper.

        "He was so awesome," Duncan told the paper. "Anybody that didn't get to
        know him missed out on a wonderful angel in their life."

        Police are looking for two suspects. Witnesses described them as "young
        African American males of average build," _according to a police statement_
        (http://crimestoppersinlandnorthwest.org/crimeoftheweek.aspx?ID=13321) .

        Officers used K-9 search dogs to search for the suspects, swept for
        fingerprints on the chain link fence in the area where they were last seen
        headed, and scoured through surveillance tapes.
        So far, the attackers haven't been found.

        "We are actively looking for the suspects in this tragic incident and
        following up on tips and other leads in order to bring those responsible to
        justice," said police spokeswoman Monique Cotton.
        Outside the lodge Thursday, friends and strangers alike left flowers,
        flags and messages for Belton.
        Belton never had problems outside the lodge before -- no threats, no
        altercations, Denison said.
        "If he had, I would have made sure I was there."

        “Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of
        chains or slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may
        take but as for me; give me liberty or give me death!”

        --Patrick Henry

        The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of
        patriots and tyrants.

        _Thomas Jefferson_ ()

        =
      • Anneteresa1@...
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 23, 2013
          Anne WWP Invitee (Anneteresa1@...) It is Plain Evil, to kill an Elderly Man who Served Our Country.

          DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT COLOR THEY WERE.

          NOTE. IF BLACK YOU WILL HEAR NOTHING FROM Al Sharpton. (POS).

          AG

          Elyse Buongiorno WWP Invitee (USMCdaughter1@...) Imagine - surviving the horror of Okinawa only to be murdered in the very
          country you sought to defend.

          Sent from my iPhone

        • ELLIAJT@...

            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 23, 2013
              Elyse Buongiorno WWP Invitee (USMCdaughter1@...) Oh please give me a break Ellia. Get the stupid out of your pampers for once.

              Gary Beauregard aka Bear (beau@...) Back off Ellia, your comment was over the top.

              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 23, 2013
                Ellia J. Trujillo WWP Poster who believes defecation helps her think more clearly (ELLIAJT@...) Who left you in charge??????

              • happycyn1@...
                Message 7 of 13 , Aug 23, 2013
                  Cynthia WWP INVITEE (happycyn1@...) Ellia, you are correct. Cynthia

                  Elyse Buongiorno WWP Invitee (USMCdaughter1@...) Oh please give me a break Ellia. Get the stupid out of your pampers for once.

                  Gary Beauregard aka Bear (beau@...) Back off Ellia, your comment was over the top.
                • Paul Dunk
                  Message 8 of 13 , Aug 23, 2013
                    Paul Dunk World-wide_Politics Member (paul_dunk@...)
                    Homicide Suspect
                    1 / 3

                    From: d3869@...

[...]

                    Wednesday night, Denison was outside the lodge waiting for a friend because he didn't want her to walk home alone, Lillian Duncan told the Spokesman-Review newspaper.

[...]

                  • Christopher Lund
                    Message 9 of 13 , Aug 23, 2013
                      Christopher Lund WWP Member (mccloedskilt@...) Now just think, if some crime fighter like George Zimmerman had blown these pieces of xxxx away first as they deserved the old gentleman, Delbert Belton, would still be alive.

                      GEORGE ZIMMERMAN FOR PRESIDENT!

                      No direct un-apportioned tax confirmed by the US Supreme Court rulings.
                      Nous Resterons La.
                      Chris Lund

[...]

                    • kurt31416
                      Message 10 of 13 , Aug 23, 2013
                        Kurt Pi WWP Member (kurt31416@...) He was waiting for a woman friend to arrive, to escort her in, to protect her. He did. If he had gone inside, she would have been the victim.

                        A real man. A man of honor. A gentleman.

                        There are worse ways to die at 88, than being a hero.
                      • Jan Fry
                        Message 11 of 13 , Aug 24, 2013
                          Jan Fry WWP Member (rockysma1@...) Spokane is wider spread, than most realize. 92% of Spokane's population is Caucasian. The 8% represent Native Americans and immigrants from Asia, Mexico, Cuba and Ethiopia. The area is basically economically depressed.

                          Actually ... Mr. Delbert Belton was in the Eagles' parking lot, as an Eagles' member ... where he played pool with his 42 year old buddy with whom he tinkered with fixing cars. That day Mr. Delbert Belton had gone to the Eagles club, but his buddy had not. According to police reports, Mr. Belton did not know his assailants and had died in hospital from sustained injuries. Apparently Mr. Belton was being robbed and according to surveillance camera of Eagles' parking lot and entrance, two dark skinned young men were seen. But not the robbery itself. But one of them, the 19 yr. old, had "confessed" having beaten Mr. Belton. But not the younger one. According to local news, Mr. Belton was widowed a couple of years ago.

                          Ellia J. Trujillo WWP Poster who believes defecation helps her think more clearly (ELLIAJT@...) Does it really matter what the color of his skin was? How dare you send inflamed messages any one who has served our country is a Hero. ET

                          Anne WWP Invitee (Anneteresa1@...) It is Plain Evil, to kill an Elderly Man who Served Our Country. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT COLOR THEY WERE. NOTE. IF BLACK YOU WILL HEAR NOTHING FROM Al Sharpton. (POx). AG
                        • Feroz
                          Message 12 of 13 , Sep 9, 2013
                            Christopher...... You are absolutely RIGHT....... What I like to know.....where  the xxxxxxx is Mega Mouth Rev. Jessie Jackson...... Al Sharpton.....Civil Liberties and ALL the Wishy Washy Politically xxxxxd Up Correct WHITE Folks....

                            Why aren't they PROTESTING and Deman- ding the Lynching of these Black Garbage Teens......Why....why and why ??????

                            Why this half baked Obongo Hasn't Openedhis xxxxty Mouth. Idiot was quick to defend the Black Hoodlum....saying that he could have been my Son........xxxxxx You xxxxxxx... Why the xxxk Don't you say that 88 years old gentleman was like MY...White ..... Maternal Grand Father. Who fought for USA and Offered his Life so we could live in peace.

                            Sadly.....the same situation is in my Beautiful Country....England. Phojee