Re: God Has a Plan

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 24, 2013
      Randist Bo7b aka Bob Wynman WWP Email Member (bobalou@...) "God's Plan" seems mostly to function to create a population of dumbed-down, complacent, compliant willing-slaves as livestock for the State.

      But it's only been that-a-way for the last few thousand years; prior to that, perhaps it was different ... 'tho I doubt it.

      --bob

      Ed Buckner WWP Invitee (ebuckner@...) DE is of course correct to not believe God has a plan.

      It's interesting that those who do believe "He" has a plan tend to think that "His" plan is for other people to turn over power and money to the ones who know what the plan is. And it's also interesting that all over the world billions of people think they know what "His" plan is--and that billions of other people are wrong and might even deserve tone killed for their understandings.

      A much simpler, better supported hypothesis is that there are no grand, over-arching plans--and that we humans better figure out ways to get by without one.

      Regards,

      Ed B.

      David Earnest WWP Member (earn4462@...) Personally, I don't believe God has a plan as intimated by some below.

      God's plan is to have people accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. Nothing more. I refuse to buy into the concept that God has scripted everyone's life for them, or has some sort of 'plan' for everyone. I believe He created man, gave man a brain and traits such as judgment, deductive reasoning skills, and logic. He expects man to use them to their highest potential, and at his discretion may intervene when asked via prayer.