USPS vs UPS?

    Message 1 of 40 , May 14, 2013
      Randist Bo7b aka Bob Wynman WWP Email Member (bobalou@...) Well, at least the Post Office is consistent. When I was a kid, they'd get a letter from SF to NY in 3 days for 3 cents. Today, they'll deliver that same letter in 45 days for 45 cents.

      UPS is forced by the State to charge what it charges for delivering letters, since the State claims a monopoly, by force of the gun on letter delivery.

      From :

      "Regarding the monopoly on delivery of letters ... there is an exception for letters where either the amount paid for private carriage of the letter equals at least six times the current rate for the first ounce of a single-piece First-Class Mail letter (also known as the "base rate" or "base tariff") or the letter weighs at least 12.5 ounces."

      "Everything the government runs is bankrupt. Medicare is broke. Medicaid is broke. The post office is broke. Amtrak is broke. Social Security is a bigger ponzi scheme and a bigger fraud than anything Bernie Madoff ever dreamed of and its' broke. The government consumes wealth. Private industry produces wealth. The government and private enterprise are the opposite. Think about it -- if private enterprise fails to produce what consumers want or fails to return a profit to investors it goes out of business. The government does not understand the need to satisfy consumers or investors because it doesn't produce anything. It just keeps consuming our tax dollars which we like sheep, just keep turning over to the bureaucrats to spend. When the government wants to save money it shuts down like Chicago's city hall did yesterday. When private enterprise wants to make more money it works overtime. When the voters conclude that the public treasury has become a public trough then they will send to DC only those who will get them as many freebies as they can and our constitutionally guaranteed values of private enterprise and private property will be gone forever. If you want more of something, make it profitable and un-tax it and it will grow and flourish. If you want less of something let the government regulate it and cap its' costs and it will require taxpayer subsidies to stay alive.

      - Andrew P. Napolitano"

      --bob
    • Rich Martin
      Message 40 of 40 , Jun 6 2:48 AM
        Rich Martin WWP Email Member and forwarder of Texas Tea Party stuff (ser_dick@...) PLZ REMOVE MY ADDY FROM THESE MAILINGS.

        slickeditor <slickeditor@...>

        CB Hensler WWP Email Member (CBHensler@...) What a load of hooey. If one comes to collect you or something from you in accordance with the or a law and you resist then things will escalate and you absolutely have a moral issue involved.
        You are the one who defines the terrible Ben I want neither a complete rule by the state or the private sector. I want a balance and would choose to spend dollars and time educating the GP on how to take control of the system we now have. If we used even a fraction of the power we have I bet your complaints would be few and less sever. We ALLOW our "representatives" to act as they do and this is the issue.