Greece: 20% increase in tourism this summer foreseen

  • insubria87
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 17, 2013
      Insubria Italocentric WWP Member (insubria87@...) Greece: 20% increase in tourism this summer foreseen
      17 April, 15:35

      (ANSAmed) - ATHENS, APRIL 17 - Tourism market estimates for a significant growth in tourist arrivals in Greece for 2013 seem to be very optimistic as GreekReporter writes. Arrivals are said to reach 20%, as conveyed by the Secretary of GNTO, Panos Livadas. According to thebest.gr, the increasing rate of tourists in Western Greece and the Ionian Islands is expected to be equal or slightly higher than average. It is continuously being repeated around the country that "we are going to have a double-digit increase", while those who are more optimistic speak of a 20% increase in tourism reservations for the summer 2013", Livadas noted after his international contacts during these two crucial months for tourism (March and April). "This increase is something really positive to our industry. This gives us optimism and a sense of responsibility," Secretary General of GNTO added, saying: "We need to understand, to treat them (the visitors of the country) with a sense of responsibility, the simple things, starting from the simple things such as our smile, and then with the more multiplex things such as our investment policy, which should be a long run."

      http://ansamed.ansa.it/ansamed/en/news/sections/tourism/2013/04/17/Greece-20-increase-tourism-summer-foreseen_8567364.html