RE: The Pilate Stone was Jesus was not a Jew

  • Jan Fry
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2013
      Jan Fry WWP Member (rockysma1@...) The Pontius Pilate plaque has nothing to do with Joseph Pilates. Pontius Pilate was sent by Rome to govern Judea, Roman Empire had conquered. Joseph Pilates was a German born, who started the exercise program ... combining both physical and mental exercise. Pilates is a derived Greek surname.

      Thomas Montague Hall Esq. aka Automatic Lie who abuses the generosity of the WWP email group to which he does not belong by posting various insulting lies about people often involving his preoccupation with male genitalia (AudioLaw@...) Jan:

      I acknowledge that the plaque was not a sign at one
      of Pontius' studios. If he gave a temple, and was given a plaque to honor him for it, I guess that just goes to show that Rome had the same sort of PR campaigns that we have today - make charitable donations to get favorable publicity.

      Jan Fry WWP Member (rockysma1@...)
      No, AudioLie ...
      http://www.allaboutarchaeology.org/pontius-pilate-faq.htm