      From: Rich Martin <ser_dick@...>
      To: FreeRepublic <FreeRepublic@yahoogroups.com>; texaskerry <texaskerry@yahoogroups.com>; ConspiraciesAll <ConspiraciesAll@yahoogroups.com>; smashthestate <smashthestate@yahoogroups.com>; helpingyoufromterror <helpingyoufromterror@yahoogroups.com>; World-wide_Politics <World-wide_Politics@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Thu, Mar 29, 2012 8:36 pm
      Subject: |World-Wide_Politics| Devvy - PUC: Every letter of comment has to be 16 copies!

      News Items you might have missed
      March 15, 2012

      From:
      Devvy's Email Alerts <donotreply@...>
      Date: March 15, 2012
      Subject:
      News Items you might have missed

      Devvy: Very important read

      Links are generally posted at my web site

      ______________

      Let me open by saying !@?!?!!&?!
      In my request a couple days ago regarding sending your letter with comments about our petition to the PUC as published in the Texas Register, the statement below had many of us, including me, confused:

      From the Texas Register's web site:
      "The deadline to file comments on the petition is Friday, March 30, 2012. Comments shall be submitted to the Filing Clerk, Public Utility Commission of Texas, 1701 North Congress Avenue, P.O. Box 13326 , Austin , Texas 78711-3326 . Sixteen copies of comments are required to be filed pursuant to §22.71(c). Interested persons may contact the commission at (512) 936-7120 or (toll-free) 1-888-782-8477.

      I just got off the phone with the Records Clerk at the PUC. It took 22 minutes and three times on hold before I could get a straight answer.

      When Tommy and I filed the petition, we were required to file an original and nine copies. The woman on the phone just now said nine copies of your letter with comments. I repeated to her the Texas Register indicates 16.

      Now, is it 16 copies of your letter or 16 copies of letters of comment?
      Every letter of comment has to be 16 copies.
      Why 16 copies of one letter I ask? Because your letter gets distributed to different departments at the PUC.

      Ed note: So PUC can throw out anyone that doesn’t send 16 copies, lowering the official number of complaints.
      Rich Martin

      I know of a couple of you have mailed your letter and I'm very sorry for the inconvenience this will cause.
      I've already mailed mine, so I'll now have to print out an additional 15 copies. Actually I'll make it 16 just in case and send those off. Since I mailed only one copy yesterday, it might get thrown out because it wasn't accompanied by 15 copies for a total of 16.
      Unfortunately, their rules.
      A few people want to know what they should put in their letter of comment.
      If you object to privacy violations, include that. If your utility bill has gone up, include that.
      If you want them banned, put it in your letter. Opt out does nothing if you're surrounded by thousands or hundreds of thousands of those meters. So many of us have EMF sensitivity. Insomnia, horrible headaches; I've received quite a few emails from people who now have constant ringing in their ears driving them crazy.
      If your major concern is about the known health risks, tell them (PUC) you have researched this and found those meters to be very harmful to humans, animals and the environment. If you want, include how your health has been negatively impacted since a 'smart' meter was put on your home or apartment building.

      --
      "Always remember and never forget.   Competition is the catalyst that allows capitalism to work?"
      Rich Martin

       “If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves.
      Winston S. Churchill

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic